30 August 2013

Patient Z, By Becky Black

**This book contains Male Male Relations**
Two years ago the zombie apocalypse wiped out the world police officer Mitch Kennedy had a role in. But he's found a way to continue doing his duty, serving as guardian of a small community of survivors, living in the safest place they can find. When the group takes in Cal Richardson Mitch can't help but be attracted to the first available--and incidentally, gorgeous--man to cross his path in months.

Mitch and Cal can't resist each other physically, but each man tries to hold back his emotions. Though he's strong on the outside, Mitch is too badly hurt inside to risk more pain. Cal's very sure he won't stay for long. He's been a drifter all his life and it came naturally to him to survive alone after civilization fell. He's sure this is a temporary stopover for him. He has no intention of becoming emotionally involved with a cop who is certain to despise Cal when he learns the truth about him.

But the longer Cal stays the stronger his urge to run, but the harder it becomes to give up the safety of the community and his new friends. The harder it becomes to give up Mitch.

                Zombies everywhere!  It seems like there is a bunch of zombie books and movies out there recently and they all seem to blur together.  So when I had started reading this book, I really didn’t have high hopes for it.  But I will be the first to admit when I am wrong about something and I am glad to say that I was wrong about this book!

                While there are zombies in here, the story isn’t about them as much as it is about everyone else.  The people who have managed to survive the apocalypse so far and how they are staying alive.  Right off the bat, one thing that I did enjoy about it was the amount of detail and thought that the author thought to put into the book.  For instance, I didn’t know that about hospitals and military bases! (Tempted you there didn’t I?  Now you want to read to find out what I’m talking about!!)  

                The romance part of the book, you could see that coming from the first page, and then further on in the book it became very obvious what was going to happen between the two men.  But I have to say, I think that Cal is just great.  Even with everything that was going on, he stayed strong and helped to support the people.  With Mitch, don’t get me wrong I enjoyed him as much as Cal, but he was very obvious about his feelings throughout the book.

                There is a twist in the book that caught me completely off guard and I was so freaking excited about it because it made the book stand out from everything else I have read.

                I will say this, if you enjoy Zombies check this book out!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment