11 July 2014

For Ben by Kate Richards

Roy Simms is about to make full partner in a big NYC law firm. HIis wife, Teri, assures him that once they reach their career goals, they can relax and enjoy life...maybe even consider starting a family. He’s not sure how much longer their marriage can survive if they don’t make time for one another. One evening of passion and spanking makes him ache for the connection they’ve almost lost.
Teri Simms doesn’t understand why Roy needs so much prodding to reach for the stars. With his education and talent, he should be senior partner long since. But he’ll get there. Her own vice presidency occurred only five years into her tenure with the financial firm, and if it takes seventeen hours a day and most of her weekends, so be it. Roy will just have to continue to be understanding.

A phone call from a stranger will change everything. This two-job-no-kids couple is a family, due to the tragic death of Teri’s sister and brother in law. They must fly immediately to Corbin’s Bend, Colorado and take charge of little Ben, almost four years old. The change of scene brings to the forefront everything good and bad about their marriage. It’s time to face some difficult truths.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22701488-for-ben

I have been pleased overall with this series so far, and this newest addition didn’t let me down with what expectations that I had had from reading the prior books in the series.
With that being said, this book certainly touches on a lot of topics that I wasn’t completely preprared for during the process of reading it. On one hand, I was hoping that it was just going to be a quick enjoyable read, one that wouldn’t make me think too much, but I was caught so off guard with the emotions that Ms. Richards was able to put into such a short story.
I really enjoyed how the characters, both Roy and Terri, were not the type to take anything sitting down. They were both willing to stand up for what they wanted, and what they believed in. My only complaint about their relationship, and this could completely be because of the other domestic discipline books in the past, I didn’t personally like how Roy decides that even though they haven’t practiced domestic discipline in years, he suddenly starts doing it again, without talking to Terri about it first.
Besides that fact, I think that this story was still amazingly done. I really liked how it was Roy who became more comfortable with Ben first, rather than Terri. There is so many books out there where it’s the woman who tries to get the man to be comfortable, and with this book it was reversed.
The relationship between Roy and Terri did grow a lot during the story.  With the help of the Corbin’s Bend women, you watched as Terri became more comfortable with herself and her surroundings. Even going so far as to do things that she wouldn’t normally do.
Overall, I really enjoyed this part of the series and I can’t wait to read more.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L3I1BSS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00L3I1BSS&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=NEWODDZ5YUU43YHJ http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/long-shot-lazyday-publishing/1119746592?ean=2940149805532 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a thoughtful review! And for taking the time to read my story.

    ReplyDelete