13 April 2015

First Contact by Alex Gabriel

 Going undercover in a gay BDSM club run by the mob isn’t Rick Delaney’s idea of a good time – but for all the wrong reasons.
Sure, going undercover in a gay BDSM club run by the mob isn’t exactly an everyday assignment. Still, as a cop specializing in undercover work, Rick Delaney is used to tough gigs. The real issue is that Rick’s expected to go under with someone he barely knows. But Rick’s partner is suspended, and he doesn’t have a choice.

Newly transferred detective Jon Messina’s short a partner, too, except that his was murdered by the mafia. Jon may seem breezy and lighthearted, but he has a score to settle. And to do so, he’s willing to do whatever it takes.

Except that it may take more than either of them can afford. Because their cover as a dom and sub couple spins out of control the minute they set foot into mafia-controlled sex club Gomorrah. What should be mere pretense threatens to become desperately real. And if Rick can’t control his desires, he’s going to get them both killed.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24033410-first-contact?ac=1
This is a hard book for me to review for a few reasons…

I loved the smuttiness of it.  Holy HOTNESS, this book has some great hot scenes in it.  They are like, WOW.  I really didn’t want them to end because they were so well written, and detailed.  It was so easy to get drawn into the story and I didn’t want them to end.

But the part that I didn’t like, was that it felt, to me personally, that the original storyline of the cop investigation was lost.  At some points it was all about the smut, and that part got pushed to the side.  I was really hoping for a great cop story with a side of smut, but instead I got a really good smut story with a side of cop.

There were a few parts of the story that were a bit confusing.  But that didn’t stop me from reading the story.  I do have hopes that we will hear more from the author in the future though.

Overall though, if the author were to write more in this world, and make it a series, I would be really interested in reading them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment