14 November 2013

Sing, By CD Reiss

This is the last book in the series.

Take my hand, my love.
On sinews of air we tread
Aught but distance our guide
With no tempo to our gait
No endpoint drawn
Neither plot nor plan
By the thorns of a compass rose
We bound toward the horizon
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17909627-sing?ac=1


Don’t get me wrong, I completely LOVED the other books in this series, but this one left me hanging for sure.  Throughout the whole series we see Jonathan as a strong man who knows what he wants and goes for it.  We have Monica who is willing to do whatever it is Jonathan wants, she is not weak but I also didn’t really see her as a strong character either.
The majority of this book is with Jonathan in the hospital, and after the insane cliffhanger in book 6, I was really excited to read this book.  However, as the book went on and it was a lot of back and forth, it felt like the author was just filling spaces.  This book was very predictable throughout it all, I don’t think that I was caught off guard once.
The one thing that I did enjoy about this book is that unlike the other books in the series, this one was more emotional than the others.  We were able to see Monica pull herself out of a bad situation and find her strength.  But with Jonathan, there wasn’t a lot of focus in the book about him.  It was great to see the relationship that was happening between Monica and Jonathan WITHOUT sex.
Usually I don’t like reading the last book in a series because I don’t want that series to end.  However with this book, I was almost glad when the book ended because it just didn’t seem to make sense with the other books in the series.



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment