21 January 2014

The Brothers Grime: Eddie by Z.A. Maxfield

Eddie Vasquez is hot for his niece Lucy’s third grade teacher, B. Andrew (call me Andrew) Daley. Eddie can’t wait to take Andrew dancing to show him his moves. The only problem is, Andrew keeps talking about books Eddie hasn’t read, that he can’t read — at least not in the usual way — because Eddie’s dyslexic.

When the two men find Eddie’s favorite teacher, Mrs. Henderson, wandering the school grounds confused and smelling of human decomposition, they come together to help her. Eddie’s fiercely loyal, and this is the teacher who uncovered Eddie’s learning disability and helped him regain his self-esteem. He’ll do anything, even take on a massive cleaning job pro bono to pay Mrs. Henderson back for the support she’s given him.

Andrew and Eddie come from different worlds, Eddie can’t read, Andrew can’t dance. Andrew’s father is a horrible snob and if all Eddie’s secrets are laid bare, he’ll have plenty to feel superior about. But Eddie and Andrew have taken on a massive project together, and their growing attraction can’t be denied. They learn the trick to forming a lasting partnership in dance and in life might be finding a partner whose weaknesses you can live with and whose strengths make you look good, in Grime Doesn’t Pay.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18663286-grime-doesn-t-pay?ac=1
When it comes to me reading books, one of my biggest pet peeves is when an author writes a book about something and you can tell they didn’t do their research on the topic.  To me personally that just shows that the author wasn’t too excited about their book.  Now with taking that into consideration, I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!
I had read the first book in the series a while ago, and to be honest I was worried that I wasn’t going to be able to follow this story as easily because of that fact.  I was pleasantly surprised that I could still follow along with what was happening between Eddie and Andrew during the course of this book.  (So I’m pretty sure it can be read as a standalone if you know what I mean!)
I enjoyed the characters a lot in this book, but I think my favorite would have been Pam because she was the most laid back of them all.  Don’t get me wrong, I did completely enjoy Eddie and Andrew, but I think it’s because Pam was able to help in more ways than one during the course of the book that makes me like her most.
When it comes to the author doing research?  Well, once you get into the story you will know what I mean about that.  The amount of details that the author went into was just amazing.  You could tell they knew what they were talking about just from reading the story.  So for me, that took the book from a great read to an amazing read.
The smuttiness that happens in the book is just as smutty as a girl could hope for!  There is an interesting power play that happens between Andrew and Eddie, one that thinking about I should have picked up on but I’m glad that I didn’t!
My only real complaint about the book is that I wish that it hadn’t ended when it did!!  Don’t get me wrong I did completely love the ending, but I felt like there could have been so much more done, and I really can’t wait for the next book in the series!!



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GXKWCWA/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GXKWCWA&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20     http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/eddie-z-a-maxfield/1117793894?ean=9781623005863&itm=1&usri=the+brothers+grime     https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-eddiegrimedoesn039tpay-1360193-149.html?referrer=52378e08e5757     http://www.loose-id.com/the-brothers-grime-2-eddie.html

 Click HERE to read my review of The Brothers Grime: Jack

0 comments:

Post a Comment