31 May 2014

Oceans of Trouble by Travis Casey

Going to sea is an escape from reality,
unless reality comes with you

****

Exotic ports, alluring women, and experiencing adventures on the other side of the world sounds ideal. After a drunken bet goes wrong, Tyler Chambers boards his US Navy frigate and looks forward to leaving the pressures of the real world behind and slip into a cocoon of escapism. In and out of port in a few days is the perfect way to avoid responsibility. He is happy to live his life as a stereotypical sailor and look for a girl in every port with hysterical consequences.

What he doesn't count on is a psychotic shipmate trying to kill him. Or his commanding officer out to lock him up for an illicit affair. Letters coming to and leaving the ship hold key evidence against Tyler, proof he must keep out of the Captain's hands at all costs. Will Tyler be able to find an ally who can keep him out of trouble? Or will he crash and burn at the hands of sinister shipmates?

Danger lurks in every port and his time at sea is a fight for survival. There is no escape when sailing in Oceans of Trouble.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17859754-oceans-of-trouble?ac=1

To be honest, I started reading this book because of a friend of mine was telling me that he was having difficulty getting through the story and asked if I would read it to see if I could better grasp the story. I do have to say though after reading this book, and I did push myself to read the whole story, I still don’t feel as though I grasped anything that the author was trying to portray in the story.
Now granted, there was 1 part of the story that I did find quite humorous, and even when I think back onto the story after finishing it I do remember it. Besides that though, I really didn’t enjoy the book at all and there wasn’t anything else that stood out specifically FROM the story itself. I mainly have my thoughts and feelings towards the book.
As I said in the first part of this review, I did push myself to read the whole story. Even though I started the book under unusual circumstances, I did have some expectations and hopes for the story because it’s written by a male author. With how populated the market is with female authors, I thought it would be great to get an insight into the male’s head. Well I can say that after reading this story, I felt like yes we did get an insight to a man’s head, but a juveniles one only.
I really do fail to see how this would be considered anything more than a joke book because although I’m sure to many it was humorous, overall I felt like it was a smack in the face not only to women, but also to the United States Military. While I am sure that some military members do act the way that this author describes them in his book, I personally don’t agree with books that insult military. I do not want to give away anything that could be considered a spoiler when it comes to my last statement. However, if you would want to know what I personally feel the author has done to insult the military, please feel free to contact me.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLIAL1W/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CLIAL1W&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=WDNORLEDPMJONRJG

0 comments:

Post a Comment