31 July 2014

Casting Call by Morticia Knight

 Will Carmichael, an impossibly handsome silent film star, longs for the broodingly intense director André Chenard. Can they find their way to one another despite the hidden perils of the prohibition era?

Will Carmichael lives a carefree and fun-filled life as one of Global Studio’s most popular motion picture stars. Young and stunningly attractive, he could have any man he wants. However, the only one he has any interest in is the only one who won’t have anything to do with him.

André Chenard is Global Studio’s newest director. A proponent of the newly introduced Russian method of acting, he aspires to create true art through the films he directs. Not interested in wasting his time on frivolous pursuits, he spurns Will’s constant attempts to catch his attention. Although André can’t stop thinking about the gorgeous man, his initial meeting with Will leads him to believe that he is too shallow for serious consideration.

Resigned to the fact that André will never be his, Will is determined to enjoy himself to the fullest at his favourite speakeasy and pansy club. When his carousing becomes out of control and he’s injured, André steps in to help. As a result, they each discover that there is much more to the other than they had originally assumed.

Right when it seems they have found their way to one another, an outside threat drives a wedge between them. As a result, they may have more to worry about than lost love—the threat could be to their very lives.

Reader Advisory: This book contains a scene of male ménage à trois.

Publisher's Note: This book is best read in sequence as part of a series but can be read as a standalone.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22009774-casting-call?ac=1

I have been in love with this series since I started it, but this part kinda left me wanting a bit more.  There was NOTHING wrong with the book itself, I think that what it might be with me and this book is that the characters, Will and André, were not 2 of my favorites in the other books. Don’t get me wrong, I still loved the story, but I wasn’t as invested in their story as I was the others.
I did love the lesson that we learn in this book, you can’t judge a book by its cover.  Well in this case, a person.  I did enjoy following along as Will was able to put André in his place throughout the story. Even when things seemed to be going well, Will would still voice his opinion and would fight for what he wanted.
I also liked being able to get into André’s head a bit more. He did have an important role in Jack’s life and career in the other books, and he was so influential that it was amazingly to be able to find out that he’s really like that. He doesn’t just play the role on the set, he is really like that.
Overall, I did still enjoy this book and I would re-read it in the future for sure!

 

1 comment: