27 July 2014

Dumping Las Vegas by J.P. Bowie

 When Jerry Peterson’s brother Mike begs for help in paying off a Las Vegas gambling debt, Jerry reluctantly travels to the city he loathes. Things are even worse than he expected—his brother is being held hostage until the debt is paid. Taylor Maitland is in Vegas writing an article on compulsive gambling, an addiction his father was unable to free himself from. When the two men meet, Taylor offers to help Jerry locate his brother and negotiate with the captors. Despite the series of violent events that screw up their plans and have them dogged by two homicidal thugs, Jerry and Taylor are drawn together by their mutual attraction for one another, even finding time in between narrow escapes, to indulge in some hot man lovin’!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22617210-dumping-las-vegas?ac=1

This was a book that started out kinda blah for me, by the middle I was more into the story, and come the end, I wanted more from the characters!
I’m not usually a fan of books that take place in Las Vegas, don’t ask why I have no clue, but I was actually surprised at how much I did end up enjoying this story as much as I did.
I wasn’t sure of what to think of Taylor throughout the story, and honestly even after finishing it and thinking back on him, I’m still not 100% about him. I did like the relationship that formed between him and Jerry, but that man was still confusing to me. Why he would do what he did, makes no sense to me.
Jerry upset me quite a bit during the story though, with how he was always willing to bail Mike out. But looking past that, you could tell the love that he had for his brother. As well as the love that he was growing to have towards Taylor.
The ending of the book was one that I really enjoyed, and the author does leave it open I hope for another book to come with Mike’s story, and if that does happen, you can be sure that I will check that out.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys this genre, and is looking for a quick, yet still good, afternoon read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment