23 July 2014

Perfect Imperfections by Cardeno C.

 Hollywood royalty Jeremy Jameson has lived a sheltered life with music as his sole focus and only friend. Before embarking on yet another international concert tour, he wanders into a bar in what he considers the middle of nowhere and meets a man who wins him over with his friendly smile and easy-going nature. Accountant slash bartender slash adventure-seeker Reg Moore has fun talking and drinking with The Jeremy Jameson and can’t say no when the supposedly straight rock star makes him a once in a lifetime offer: keep him company on his tour by playing the part of his boyfriend.

Listening to music, traveling the world, and jumping off cliffs is fun. Falling in love is even better. But to stay with Jeremy after the stage lights dim, Reg will need to help him realize there’s nothing pretend about their relationship.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21894435-perfect-imperfections?ac=1

So I have a HUGE problem with Perfect Imperfections. Actually, it’s a MASSIVE problem.

The book is not long enough. Yes, I realize that it’s 205 pages, but I want more. I want more JJ. I want more Reg. I want more JJ and Reg. I love these guys – both as individuals and as a couple. I loved the way in which Reg and Jeremey met and how at ease Reg made Jeremy feel, never letting on that he knew who Jeremy was – and yes, there really are people like that in the world. I found it humorous that Jeremy unknowingly gave credence to his sudden claim to be gay by entering into a pretend relationship with a man who was actually gay. The fact that Reg enjoyed being around Jeremy so much that he was willing to agree to a pretend relationship to help Jeremy out just cemented how good of a person Reg is – he’s the kind of person you want to be able to call a friend. That he was a bit snarky and clearly a master of sarcasm just made me love him that much more. And if that weren’t enough of a reason for me to love Reg, the patience and slow seduction with which he approached JJ once he realized that JJ was gay was the final nail in that coffin. The elevator scene was hot; the Fleshlight scene hotter; the shower scene would have been up in flames were it not for the water; but the actual sex scenes nearly made my Kindle melt. The chemistry, the passion, and the love JJ and Reg have for one another is beautiful.

I know I’ve gone on and on about Reg, but as I said before I love JJ just as much. Seriously, how can you not love a man who tells his no longer pretend boyfriend “you have to help me because I don’t know how.” He looked at Reg beseechingly, “Will you help me keep you?” That line nearly made me cry because JJ is so worried that his neediness, his high maintenance personality, and his single-minded focus on his music career will cause him to drive Reg away. But everything that JJ considers a flaw in himself is what makes him perfect to Reg. Perfect Imperfections reminds us that for all of our flaws, there is someone out there who finds our imperfections perfect. Love isn’t about finding someone perfect, but rather about finding that person who is perfect for you. This is a beautifully written love story with plenty of humor and super-hot meaningful sex. I know I will read this book again … many, many times. Cardeno has definitely made a new fan and I cannot wait to read more of this author’s work.

 Cardeno C. - CC to friends - is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwws" into a reader's day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno's stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ever-after sunset.

0 comments:

Post a Comment