29 July 2014

Tamed Tour Stop!

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: girl meets player, they fall in love, player changes his ways.

It’s a good story. But it’s not our story. Ours is a lot more colorful.

When I met Dee I knew right away that she was special. When she met me, she thought I was anything but special—I was exactly like every other guy who’d screwed her over and let her down. It took some time to convince her otherwise, but turns out I can make a convincing argument when sex is at stake.

You might know where this story’s headed. But the best part isn't where we ended up.

It’s how we got there.

TAMED goes back in time to the Tangled days. But this time around, it’s not Drew dishing out the advice and opinions—it’s his best friend Matthew, who of course is dealing with Dee Dee.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18279145-tamed?ac=1

I LOVED Tangled.  I was not a fan of Twisted.  Emma Chase has redeemed herself, in my eyes, with Tamed.
Tamed is the story of Matthew, Drew’s best bud, and Dee Dee…cousin to Kate’s ex-fiancé and one of Kate’s best friends.  Matt is a total player, much like Drew but he meets Dee and they just kind of end up sliding into a relationship together.  They both have their misgivings, but Matt is so ready to jump in head first he pays little attention to the “No Diving” warnings that Dee is giving off.  Can Matt convince Dee to give a true shot to the promise of what could be between them, or will Dee’s past and smorgasbord of poor man choices keep them apart?
I think that the absolute best part of this book for me was the voice of Matthew.  He is adorable, funny, insightful and kind of a pig…but a loveable pig.  What he does with women is a bit questionable, but I say at least he’s honest.  Anyway, his voice is original and it’s what I loved best about Tangled too.  A quirky, brutally honest male narrative that keeps you reading.
My one complaint about this book is that I really didn’t feel like much happened.  Or maybe I just felt that way because I already knew what was going to happen so there wasn’t a lot of mystery to it.  There was some relationship drama, yes…and while Matt kept the book funny and interesting, plot wise it just fell a bit flat for me.  I didn’t really learn anything new about these characters or their relationship, I felt.  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but there just seemed to be a little something missing from this that would make this into a book that I loved instead of just really liked.
Overall, I think if you liked Tangled and its characters, you can’t go wrong with Tamed.  Dee’s antics alone make this worth reading…she’s an original.  4 stars.

In Tamed, Ms. Chase gives us Matthew and Dee’s story – from Matthew’s perspective. Can I just say that being inside Matthew’s head was almost as much fun as being inside of Drew’s? Tamed occurs concurrently to Tangled and while it gives you a little bit of a peek into what happened when Kate and Billy broke up, the focus of the book is on Matthew and Dee and what Matthew had to do in order to get his girl – and I’ll just say that Dee kept him on his toes the whole time.

Matthew is funny, he’s sarcastic, his sense of humor mirrors my own, and when he cares, he cares deeply. He set out to show Dee how much he cared and how much she could trust him – unfortunately for him, Dee’s history is not conducive to trusting men and this makes his job that much harder. But Dee is not the only one with ghosts from past relationships – his just happen to make an ill-timed appearance that nearly ends everything before it really had a chance to start. Fortunately for Dee, Matthew subscribes to the belief that something worth having is worth fighting for and he refuses to go down without a fight.

Tamed is a great addition to the Tangled series and is chock full of laughs. I have never before found food poisoning funny but the author managed to make it hilarious. Ms. Chase’s talent as an author is impressive. I’ve spent time all day in the heads of three different characters of her creation and never once felt like I was in the same character’s head. There was never any confusion as to which character’s perspective I was experiencing. While I typically don’t enjoy books or movies in which the character addresses the audience, she somehow manages to pull it off. Sadly, my time with the Tangled crew must come to an end … well temporarily, as I must wait for the release of Tied, when I can once again spend time in Drew’s head (YAY!!!).  
Amazon US || Barnes & Noble || ARe
She puts on the helmet, but doesn’t climb on the Ducati right away. She stands on the sidewalk, hands on her hips, looking thoughtfully at it. “What would you say if I said I wanted to drive your motorcycle to the party?”

“I’d say you’re shit out of luck. I don’t ride bitch.”
She knocks me upside the head—but my helmet softens the blow. “Then let me take it for a ride myself. Just around the block.”
“I . . .don’t think so.”
She pouts.
I sigh. “Have you ever driven a motorcycle before?”
“No, but I’ve always wanted to.”
“Well, I’ve always wanted to fly, but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna strap on a squirrel suit and skydive from the god damn Empire State Building.”
She steps closer, and rubs her placating hands up my chest. “Come on, please? I’ll be really careful and grateful. Really grateful. Like . . .deviantly, let you handcuff me to the bed, kind of grateful.”
Forget the national broadcast system—this is the test. Am I going to stick to my man-guns, keep my pride, and protect my cherished vehicle from almost certain carnage? Or, am I going to be ruled by my dick and swayed by the promise of kinky, have-Dee-at-my-mercy-all-night-long, sex?
No contest.
“Riding bitch, it is.”
By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colorful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.

Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment