14 July 2014

Tristant and Elijah by Jennifer Lavoie

 Tristant Whitfield has had a secret crush on straight Elijah Cambridge since the start of high school. He’s okay keeping his distance, but when Elijah starts visiting him at work and bringing his favorite coffee, Tristant begins to wonder if there’s something more there.

Then Elijah uncovers a scandalous old letter from Tristant’s great uncle tucked away in a book, and the two boys begin a journey through journals and letters to discover the real Uncle Glenn and the secrets he hid from his family. And Tristant realizes that Elijah has been hiding something as well.

A secret that just might change everything.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18406599-tristant-and-elijah?ac=1

I’m not usually a fan of YA books. For some reason I just can’t get into them most of the time. When I read the blurb of this book, I decided that I had to give it a shot.  And after feeling it, I am so glad that I did!

While this book is technically a Male/Male book, there is NO sexual situations that happen during it.  
There was so much happening in this book, but at the same time it was very slow read. Even with all of that though, I still liked how the story progressed. I thought that the characters were all very well written; Tristant and Elijah were very well rounded characters that had a lot of depth and personality about them. There were some times that Tristant’s character just rubbed me the wrong way, but overall I did still enjoy him.

The part of this story that really emotional was when we were learning about Uncle Glenn. I think that Ms. Lavoie did a great job at describing him and what he was going through in the time that he lived.

This book certainly gave me a new desire to read more YA books, and I can’t wait to read more from this author in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment