04 August 2014

Without A Net by Jill Blake

 Eva has always played it safe…and where has it gotten her? Betrayed by her husband, single mom to her young son, and fighting to hang on to what’s left. The last thing she needs is another philandering male.

Max has always pursued adventure…until he gets sidelined by an accident. While recovering from his injuries, he discovers that the biggest adventure of his life may be closer than he ever imagined—in the form of Eva, his baby sister’s best friend.
The problem? Convincing Eva to risk it all…without a net.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22592583-without-a-net?ac=1

When I first read the synopsis for this book, it was right up my alley.  I’m a sucker for this kind of romance, and this fit my fun summer reading bill perfectly!
Eva has found herself in a place she’d never thought she’d be.  She’s lost her husband to illness, and found out in the process that not only was he unfaithful, but made some bad investments along the way.  So she’s a single mother with financial issues.  Good thing she’s got enough talent with her graphic design business to try and make a new life for herself.  One thing she absolutely is not interested in is romance.  Enter Max.  He’s an ER doctor who breaks his leg in a skiing accident.  Laid up, this adrenaline junkie starts to think he may need to re-evaluate his priorities in life.  Especially when he starts working with Eva, his new book promoter.  The question is can two seemingly polar opposites find love together?  Can Eva let go of the past to see the man that Max has the potential and desire to be?
I have to say that one of my absolute favorite things about books like this is the buildup.  The characters meet, there’s attraction there but they fight it for one reason or another.  But, it just keeps building and building until they make a choice to act.  Oh, man!  The buildup in this book is great.  There’s actually a foundation that these two people can build a relationship on.  It was done well and developed well by the author and I absolutely loved it.
This book also had some seriously funny moments.  It was a fairly light-hearted and fun read that made me laugh and kept me turning the pages to see how it would all work out.  I loved it a lot more than I thought I would going into it, and I think now I have no choice but to pick up the other books by this author.  4.5 stars.
Jill Blake loves chocolate, leisurely walks where she doesn't break a sweat, and books with a guaranteed happy ending.  A native of Philadelphia, Jill now lives in southern California with her husband and three children.  By day, she works as a physician in a busy medical practice. By night, she pens steamy contemporary romances.

0 comments:

Post a Comment