26 October 2014

The Coach's Discipline by Katherine Deane

 Marathon runner Claire Jacobs has always dreamed of making it to the Olympics, but she has a habit of getting in her own way. With the help of Nick Fox, a legendary coach known for his unconventional techniques, she prepares for one last shot at her dream. Traumatic memories of her experience with her last coach still haunt Claire, though, and in spite of his reputation she finds it hard to trust Nick’s authority.

The more time he spends with Claire, the more Nick finds himself enchanted by her drive and deep commitment to her fellow runners. But when her self-destructive behavior crosses the line, Nick realizes he has only one option to help the woman he has come to care about so much—he will need to give her the first spanking of her life and make sure it is one she will not forget.

Despite his firm discipline, Claire quickly comes to crave Nick’s dominance and direction, and soon he has grown to be much more than just her coach. But when jealousy and misunderstandings threaten to tear the team apart, will she run away as she always has in the past, or can she trust in her newfound love and race toward her goals with an open heart?

Publisher’s Note: The Coach’s Discipline is an erotic romance novel that includes spankings, sexual scenes, anal play, elements of BDSM, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22711237-the-coach-s-discipline?ac=1
Have you ever read a book that for some reason, you just couldn’t put it down?  Even though you already had an idea as to what was going to happen, there was just *something* that kept your attention and turning the pages?

That was the case of me and this story.  While the story was a bit predictable from start to finish, I just couldn’t put it down because it was that well written, the characters were easy to connect too, and just overall the story was a good read.

I do think that Ms. Deane did a great job with Claire’s character; especially when it came to the thoughts she had about her own appearance.  To me, those scenes were done very well and very realistic.  They were done in situations that any woman would have the same thoughts about themselves.  I did like Nick’s character as well.  There was just something about him that drew me into the story and kept my attention.

Overall, I still have no clue what it was that I enjoyed so much about this book, but I really recommend it to anyone who enjoys this genre.

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you, there was something special about A Coach's Discipline. And like you say, it's hard to put a finger on exactly why. I just know I devoured it in one sitting, and couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Just one of those heartwarming books with characters you fall in love with and are totally rooting for, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true Tara!!! Even now when I'm thinking about it, I still can't put my finger on it! But it was a really good read :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you sooooooo much, Crystal! That really made my day to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete