15 January 2015

Throwback: Prayer for the Dead

 A story about a girl who lived, died, and met a guy… in that order.

Is it possible to find true love and happiness, while condemned to purgatory until the end of days?

Olivia Brennan wasn't eager to find out. Working for a division of Purgatory and Associates, her job consisted of one headache after another, caused by the impatient souls waiting to move onto eternal paradise. After a hard day at work, she was most content to stay home, watching reruns or reading a book. Aside from a few friends occasionally
forcing socialization, her afterlife was nothing special.

That all changed the moment Drake walked into her life. He was handsome, charming, and had a sadness behind his eyes she could relate to. It seemed that Fate had finally brought her a kindred spirit…

But could Olivia move past her own dark regrets of the life she left behind or would falling for him demand the ultimate sacrifice—herself?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18466354-prayer-for-the-dead?ac=1
Drake grabbed his heart, closed his eyes and dropped his head back. I studied him as he rested there, pretending to be wounded. Ever fiber in my being wanted to reach out and touch him. He was so impossibly perfect; I just wanted to know he was real. I managed to keep my hands to myself though and by the time he opened his eyes again, my nose was back in the book. I felt him watching me but, for some weird reason, I refused to look up. Was I playing hard to get? Is that what I was doing? Maybe somewhere in my demented little mind, I thought it was a good idea. I may have played it a little too well though because he got up to leave.

Nicki Scalise lives in the foothills of northern Colorado with her husband, four dogs, and a chinchilla. With so many tail-wagging critters running wild, the house is generally in varied states of chaos. If ever the creatures give her a break, she spends her free time imagining new worlds, rewatching Firefly, or counting down the days until the next Comic Con. Most days she can be found sitting idly at her desk, staring at the wall. Scalise is a paranormal romance/urban fantasy author. Her writing credits include the Revenants in Purgatory series and numerous published short stories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment