05 February 2015

Throwback: Broken

 According to Webster’s Dictionary the definition of the word Broken is violently separated into parts. SHATTERED.

Yup, that pretty much sums me up. How do I handle things? I find my answers at the bottom of a bottle of Tequila and sleep with random men.

How did I get this way? Well, four years ago I made a decision that cost me the love of my life. I can't undo what I did to drive Garrett out of my life. I haven't seen or heard from him in four long years. But he still haunts me in my dreams or should I call them nightmares at this point? No matter how much booze I drink and how many men I sleep with, nothing fills the void. I feel like I am existing but I’m not really living.

I’m trying to get my life back on track. Well that was until. . . . Garrett walked back into my life. His reappearance threw me into another tailspin.
How do I put the pieces of our broken hearts back together? All before he walks out of my life again... this time for good. Or am I simply destined to just be Broken?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16178414-broken
Just as I was about to step into the main reception hall, I heard a very familiar voice and then a very familiar laugh.  A laugh that stopped me dead in my tracks.  A laugh I would never forget.  I hadn’t heard it in over four years. At first, I thought I was losing my mind.  I inched my way over to the doorway where the reception was being held.  That was when I saw his reflection in the mirror hanging on the wall.  My heart sank. Fuck. The wedding had just gotten worse.
It was Garrett Levine. The man who broke my heart four years earlier.  The man who left a hole in my heart that I’d been trying to fill with alcohol and one night stands ever since.  I hadn't seen him since that fateful night when he told me he loved me, but he couldn’t be with me anymore.
 Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!  I was ready to call Katie and beg her to switch weddings with me, but I knew, deep down, that was impossible.  I was over an hour and a half away from home and who the hell knew where Katie’s wedding was!
It had been four years since Garrett left town and fell off the face of the earth.  Why was he here?  How did he know Bridezilla?  Oh my God!  Was he marrying Bridezilla?  My mind was moving at a million miles a minute.  I couldn’t think.  I couldn’t breathe, and sheer panic rushed through my body. I felt as if I was going to pass out. 
Just then a voice came from behind me. “Are you ok, Miss?” 
I turned around to see an older gentleman, with gray hair, small framed glasses with an overly large nose, staring at me with a worried look on his face. 
“Yes, I am fine,” I replied in between breaths. 
“Let me get you a chair, you really don’t look well at all,” he said.  He poked his head into the reception hall and yelled, “Garrett, grab me a chair! Hurry up!” 
At his words, I said every four-letter word I could think of in my head.  This confirmed it was definitely Garrett.  I mean how many Garrett’s are there in the world?  Now I was going to see him after four years.  I was fucked!  I quickly tried to stand straighter, which made me feel even worse. My legs became weak, and I stumbled backwards towards the wall.  Just as I nearly fell on my ass, as Garrett walked through the door with the chair.  He looked at me and did a double take.  He looked as shocked as I was.
  Born and raised in New England, Christa is a married mother of three. She began writing her first book, Broken, in October 2012, as a love story to her husband, Frank. During the writing process, Christa managed to keep her book a secret from the majority of her family and friends, including her mother. She finally revealed that she had written a book on her personal Facebook page just two weeks before Broken was released.

Broken was released in February 2013, and within twenty-four hours of its release, it was on Amazon's Movers and Shakers list as well as in the Top 20 Erotica. Christa released her second novel, On the Ropes - Book One in the Down for the Count series, in February 2014. On the Ropes has also climbed the charts on Amazon, hitting the Top 10 Sports Fiction and the Top 20 Romance Sports Fiction lists. Book Two, Going the Distance, was released July 2014 and claimed the number 3 spot in the Interracial category as well being in the top 20 in Erotica on Amazon.

Christa has begun a new series titled, Can't Stop Lovin' You. This series will have at least four books, Dream On, What it Takes, Sweet Emotion and Hole in my Soul. Dream On is slated for a 2015 release.
Twitter -- @christacervone

0 comments:

Post a Comment