08 April 2015

North on Drummond by K.C. Burn

 Sandy Bottom Bay, Florida--Come for the Haunts, Stay for the Beaches!

Drew Drummond might call himself a psychic tarot reader, but he doesn’t believe in the supernatural. The business was left to him by his grandmother, and seemed the best way to rise above the chronic criminal behavior of the Drummond family. Despite his efforts, few of the townspeople consider him a good romantic match. Being gay only makes finding love more difficult.

When Cliff Garcia, Drew’s teenaged crush, moves back to town and joins the police force, Drew doesn’t think he has a chance. After all, the skeptical cop considers Drew’s profession on par with professional conmen, and Cliff had spent his entire school career feuding with Drew’s volatile brothers. Despite the obstacles, Drew and Cliff begin a fiery relationship.

Just when Drew starts to believe they might have a chance, he suffers a head injury and begins having visions of the future. If Drew tells Cliff the truth, he’ll lose the man he’s falling for, but keeping his new ability a secret is no longer an option. If he can’t convince Cliff he’s for real, a murderer will walk free.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24332199-north-on-drummond?ac=1
So this is the first KC Burn book that I’ve read but not heard. I’ve done several on audio, which I loved, and was excited to have this one come up on the roster, but being that I’ve never read before I’m not sure if this style of choppy writing is typical? Or in need of more edits? It certainly doesn’t come over that way when listening to audio books of the other stories.  With all that being said, I did enjoy the story as a whole, and found Drew, one of the main MC’s sweet and funny the way he could control his twin brothers but everyone else can’t. I also liked his relationship with his best friend Kyle problem is I liked that relationship better than his love interest Cliff. I also enjoyed most all the secondary characters and thought they played perfect roles. Cliff, however I found annoying from the start with his short temper, which he told us he needed to control, and his wishy washy mind (thoughts), pick a belief, and stick with it, I also thought for his age and life events, Cliff acted very immature. The repeat use of certain phrases was also frustrating at times. I very much liked the twist at the end, and in fact I guessed wrong. Not very often I get the, who done it, wrong well played! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment