10 July 2014

Exile To Unity by Tara Finnegan

When their preference for BDSM becomes embarrassingly public, Angela and Jim O’Brien decide to start afresh in Corbin’s Bend, a community based on a common ethos of spanking, a place where Ange hopes they can belong.


Ange soon learns that in this new environment,  Jim is not beyond chastising her with a good sound spanking as the couple face their past demons and try to recover the closeness they once shared.  New challenges soon face the couple.  Will their difficulties destroy them or can their move be what Ange initially hoped for, an exile to unity?

Ms. Finnegan gives us the third novella in the Corbin’s Bend series and I found it to be a nice blend of BDSM and domestic discipline (DD). Until the Corbin’s Bend series, I hadn’t read any books that really dealt with DD, so while I had heard of the concept I didn’t know how it differed from BDSM. Granted my exposure to DD-themed books is limited, my preference is for reads that contain more of a BDSM-theme rather than a strictly DD-theme. As such, I quite enjoyed Exile to Unity as it was a nice combination of both elements.

In this novella, we meet Angela and Jim O’Brien, who have moved to Corbin’s Bend after a rather public and, for Angela, humiliating civil trial for her wrongful termination based on her and her husband’s private sexual preferences. While they hope that a fresh start in a new country will help them find their way back to one another, the openness and acceptance of Corbin’s Bend is initially as off-putting as the public scrutiny was back in Ireland. The transition is not an easy one for the couple and more than once I worried that they would not find their way back to one another. But the upside to fights and disagreements is makeup sex, so when Angela and Jim finally begin to reunite, the make-up sex is HOT!

As with Sarah’s Tutorial, readers of the Corbin’s Bend series get to see a glimpse of characters from the previous novellas and I found myself liking Sarah’s mother, Maeve, so much more due to the part she played in this book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Exile to Unity and it is my favorite so far of the Corbin’s Bend series. I look forward to reading the next book in the series as well as checking out Ms. Finnegan’s other books.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN3BD0K/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KN3BD0K&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=FAEHRVQDYMZX5B5U   http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/exile-to-unity-tara-finnegan/1119623506?ean=2940149356218 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely review. I'm totally thrilled. Thank you so much, Angela.

    ReplyDelete