21 July 2014

Murder at the Green Lantern by Alex Morgan

After a fetish party at a gay bar in Washington, DC, a young man is murdered and left nailed to a St. Andrew’s cross. Paranormal gay sleuth Corey Shaw thinks someone has passed a divine judgment on him, and may be sending a signal to other gays in the city. The mystery leads him on a trail from a leather bar in the nation’s capital, to Boston, and to the hallowed halls of the U.S. Senate.
Following on from his first mystery Breathless, Corey Shaw returns for more erotically-charged thrills and steamy suspense.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8110691-murder-at-the-green-lantern?ac=1

I had read the first book in this series and loved it, and I had really high hopes for the second part of the series.  Thankfully, I wasn’t let down when it came to this book being able to keep my attention and leave me wanting for more by the time that I finished it!  Even though this is the second book in the series, I don’t think that you need to read the first one to fully understand what is going on.
My only complaint would be that I was hoping for a bit more of an understanding of how Corey had his powers, but even though I didn’t have that, I still enjoyed the story.
As horrible as this sounds, the one thing that I did enjoy the most about this story was the underlying plot line that was happening.  The hate crimes and religious aspect was one that you don’t actually get to read a lot about in this genre, but I think that the author was able to pull it off really well.  It was something that you could actually see as happening in this day and age with the way that some people are.
One thing that I enjoyed about this book is it wasn’t all about the sex; there was more going on in the story than just that. It was action packed, suspenseful, and completely kept me turning the pages wanting for more.
I really can’t wait to read the next installment of this series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment