02 November 2013

Thomas's Choice, By Tina Folsom

**This book contains Male Male Relations**
Scanguards vampire and master of mind control Thomas has mentored newbie vampire Eddie for over a year-and been in love with him for just as long. But he believes that his love will never be reciprocated.

While patrolling San Francisco for evil vampires, Eddie kisses Thomas as a diversionary tactic and is shaken to the core by his reaction. He's terrified of his sexual attraction to his mentor and afraid that moving forward and giving into his desires will destroy the relationship they have.

When hurt and disappointment about Eddie's inability to commit leads Thomas onto a dark path that spells destruction for all those he loves, only Eddie can pull him back from the brink of eternal darkness. But does Eddie have the courage to face his true feelings in time to save the man who's meant for him?

I have liked the Scanguard’s series since I read the first one quite some time ago.  But in the effort to be honest, it felt like as more books came out, I started to enjoy it less and less.  So I was very happy when I started reading this book and I completely enjoyed it!
I think that the reason why I enjoyed this book so much was because it was about Thomas and Eddie, and their feelings towards each other.  It didn’t have a lot to do with the fact that they were vampires, it was just them.  I couldn’t imagine being Thomas and having to hide his feelings towards Eddie because he wasn’t sure how Eddie would react when he found out.
While that part was written extremely well, I enjoyed being able to read about Eddie trying to understand his feelings and what was happening with him.  The author has a way of writing that she is able to actually get in the characters head and is able to tell their stories.  One of the issues that I have with the story is how rushed it felt after Eddie decided to “try” a relationship with Thomas.  I felt like it went from Eddie being unsure, to jumping right into something that he still wasn’t sure about.  And the fact that he didn’t tell Thomas that he was unsure of what he wanted bothered me as well.
Overall though, I did enjoy the story and I am looking forward to see what the author has in store for us next!



B&N 
ARe 

0 comments:

Post a Comment