24 December 2013

A Small Miracle Happened, By Mari Donne

**This book contains Male Male Relations**
Dan accepts an interesting new job, only to discover after he moves that he's the only Jewish gay man in a small Midwestern town. On the first night of Hanukkah, he's a bit homesick and very lonely. Then the mailman delivers a box containing his menorah to the wrong house.

Chris sees that misdirected package as an excuse to knock on his attractive new neighbor's door. He doesn't know a thing about Judaism, but he's willing to learn, especially if it means becoming better acquainted with Dan.

Eager for company, Dan explains the meaning of the menorah and introduces Chris to less traditional amusements like a game of strip dreidel. Soon they are celebrating long into the nights with sweet, sexy fun. As Dan and Chris light a new flame each night, what started as a playful fling deepens into passion that promises to outlast the eight days of the holiday.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18966632-a-small-miracle-happened 

There is no doubt when it comes to me, I completely love Christmas!  With a passion, but that one thing that my parents did do was raise me where you are open to everything.  Well when the chance came to read this book, the fact that it is about a Jewish holiday didn’t make me not want to read it!  And now after reading it, I couldn’t be happier that I did read it!
I love the fact that Dan was willing to teach Chris about Hanukkah, and throughout his teaching we were able to learn more about the holiday as well.  One thing that I enjoyed was the way that Dan was teaching Chris (along with us) in a manner that it didn’t feel as though I was being talked down to for not understanding. 
Now to be honest, I didn’t really like the fact of how quickly the relationship between the two men progressed, but I thought that it was still a well written book.

*Mild spoiler*
I am SO glad that Chris didn’t change to be with Dan!!!  Oh my gosh, I was so worried that he was going to do that, and I am completely glad that he didn’t!!!!
*Mild Spoiler Over*

I did enjoy this book quite well; it was a quick romantic read with just the right amount of smut in it for me!  I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys this genre!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GXOO5K8/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GXOO5K8&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20     https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-asmallmiraclehappened-1360194-149.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment