21 February 2014

Mark Cooper Versus America by Henry&Rock

 Mark Cooper is angry, homesick, and about to take his stepdad’s dubious advice and rush Prescott College’s biggest party fraternity, Alpha Delta Phi. Greek life is as foreign to Aussie transplant Mark as Pennsylvania’s snowstorms and bear sightings. So, when the fraternity extends Mark a bid, Mark vows to get himself kicked out by the end of pledge period. But then he’s drawn into Alpha Delt’s feud with a neighboring fraternity.

Studious Deacon Holt is disappointed to learn Mark’s pledging Alpha Delt, his fraternity Phi Sigma Kappa’s sworn enemy. Mark is too beautiful for Deacon to pass up an invitation for sex, but beyond sex, Deacon’s not sure. He wants a relationship, but a difficult family situation prevents him from pursuing anything beyond his studies.

Mark and Deacon’s affair heats up as the war between their fraternities escalates. They explore kinks they didn’t know they had while keeping their liaison a secret from their brothers. But what Romeo and Juliet didn’t teach these star-crossed lovers is how to move beyond sex and into a place where they share more than a bed. That’s something they’ll have to figure out on their own—if the friction between their houses, and between Mark and America, doesn’t tear them apart.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19549885-mark-cooper-versus-america


I have yet to read a book by this author duo that I haven’t loved, and thankfully that still continues on with this book. I was really worried that I wasn’t going to enjoy this book as much as the others they have written, but I still loved it!
Mark’s character was one that I wasn’t completely sure what I thought about him right from the beginning, and still come the middle of the book I wasn’t sure what I thought. Thankfully though, come the ending of the book, I did completely love him. I thought it was really great to follow along as he is going through something as traumatic as moving to a completely different country and starting a new school. One thing that I did enjoy about him was how he would stand up for his friends, even when he knew the consequences would be horrible for him.
Now Deacon’s character, I still am not sure what to think about him even after having finished the book. I give him complete credit throughout the book, he was amazing overall when it came to being there for his frat house and his family. I think it was amazing the way that he helped Mark to realize what it was he wanted, wasn’t as strange as he thought it would be.
The smutty scenes that take place in the book were written extremely well in my opinion. Especially when certain things were brought up during the course of the book, I think that the authors took it in stride and were able to write about something that could have been twisted into something crude, and made it into something enjoyable to read.
Overall, I usually don’t like the college boys type books, but I can say that I was really happy that I read this book. And I can’t wait to see what this duo has in store for us next.

http://www.loose-id.com/mark-cooper-versus-america.html     https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-markcooperversusamerica-1406013-149.html?referrer=52378e08e5757     http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I3QB7YQ/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00I3QB7YQ&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20

0 comments:

Post a Comment