14 July 2014

Bend Me Over by Sierra Cartwright

 Tall, dark, handsome, and oh-so dangerous.

That's Trace Romero, Aimee's new bodyguard. Aimee has no desire to share her home with anyone, especially a Hawkeye operative who invades her space and thoroughly dominates her.

If it were up to him, Trace would be in a South American jungle, mixing it up with bad guys instead of playing bodyguard to the uptight college professor who makes him anything but welcome. But when he finds a stash of her BDSM novels, protecting the professor’s body suddenly gets more interesting.

Aimee would send him on his way, if her sister weren’t so concerned about the break in at her house, and if she hadn’t threatened protective custody. But protective custody might have been slightly less overwhelming than Trace demanding her complete capitulation, mind and body, and more -- her total trust. But that trust may be the only thing standing between her and a madman determined to kill her.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7094562-bend-me-over

After reading the first book in the series, Danger Zone, I knew what to expect going into this book.  I wasn’t expecting a full action packed book, but one that has more erotica in it. And from an erotica standpoint, I did enjoy the story quite a bit. However, I had an issue with the inta-love that takes place.
Usually, I don’t let that bug me when I’m reading a book, however for some reason, Aimee just falling for Trace got to me.  There really is no backstory between the two of them, it’s more they meet, and enter a relationship rather quickly.
The smuttiness that happens in the book is very well written and detailed, but not to the extreme levels that is happening in some books. I did like the relationship that did form between Aimee and Trace, but I just didn’t like the instant love that happened.
There was a fair amount of action that happened in the story, which I loved!! I was on the edge of my seat for certain parts of it because I just couldn’t wait to find out what was going to happen next. I really liked the job that Aimee has, it was so out there, but at the same time I’m left wondering if it’s possible that that is being created.
Overall, I did still enjoy the story and I will be sure to read the next book in the series.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your taking the time to read this book. <3

    ReplyDelete