26 June 2013

We are Made of Stardust, By Mimi Strong


She's a sassy bookstore manager, he's a famous actor. This Notting Hill-inspired New Adult romance is outrageous, funny, and full of sex, sex, sex.

Peaches Monroe, age 22, is a plus-sized beauty who spends quiet days with books, in the small town of Beaverdale, Washington.

One Saturday afternoon, she's balancing precariously on a chair, in a bridesmaid dress, when a handsome dark-haired man comes running into the bookstore. He knocks Peaches over, she lands in his muscular arms, they lock gazes, and ...

She recognizes him.

As the sexy vampire heartthrob she watches on TV every week.

Peaches and Dalton Deangelo are completely wrong for each other. He's only in town temporarily, working on an indie movie. She should stay away before she gets burned. He should stay away, too, before he opens up and shares all his secrets.

But they're drawn to each other. Dalton claims it's because they're made from the same stardust. He says a lot of dramatic things, but it's his carbohydrate-free perfect body and sexy touch that turns Peaches to Jell-O.

Will they be able to make it as a couple? How can a hot, famous actor like Dalton Deangelo be interested in a regular girl, much less a big girl, like Peaches Monroe? What's the press going to say when they find out?

Genre: NEW ADULT ROMANCE / Contemporary Romance / Erotic Romance / Ages 17+

**WARNING: This book is chock-full of enthusiastic sex, ranging from OH-NO-SHE-DIDN'T awkward to I-NEED-A-SHOWER-NOW hot. **


Review Time:
                You know a book is hilarious when you have so many highlighted passages of the book that you can’t decide which ones you want to share with everyone!  That is the case with this book; it had so many parts that made me laugh out loud, that I can’t wait to share some of those with you all.


                One type of character that I love is the females who are comfortable with whom they are.  They don’t take any crap from anyone, and they can dish it out as quickly as they can.  That is the cause with Peaches Monroe.  

                “You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into,” she snarled.
                “Let go of me before I punch you some new freckles!”

Apparently she can take care of herself very well if she can punch new freckles!  Peaches has the right combination of humor, drama and romance all mixed into her character alone.  I mean honestly here, she could have her own comedy act with some of the things she comes up with.  

 While I was reading this book, I just kept wondering where she got her sense of humor from.  Was she born with it, or is it just something that she picked up from her vast experience at college?

“Jewelry is less vulgar than straight cash.”
“Sheesh. My own mother is prostituting me,” I said. “What next?”
“Now, now. What you meant to say is, ‘My own mother is pimping me.’ One can only prostitute oneself.”

Now my mom has told me a great many things in my life, but pimping me out, unless it’s for a  discount at the dollar store (which in case you are wondering they do do) I don’t think she has ever pimped me out for jewelry!  With the humor from all characters in this book, it adds to the story but it doesn’t take it over.

Dalton, oh Dalton.  I had such high hopes for that boy, he was able to keep Peaches on her toes.  There was something about him that comes off as the sweet boy who is hiding behind the actor façade.  Many times he was hilarious!  Oh my gosh the things that he would say to Peaches, it was just hilarious.  When the “real world” kicks in through and his true feelings come out to play I wonder what will happen to him.

All in all this book was the perfect mix of comedy, romance and sex.  My only complaint about it is the constant in your face reminder that Peaches is a bigger girl.  We know that from the start, yet I didn’t like how it kept being brought up.  Almost as though we were supposed to focus on her weight more than her personality.  Also, it’s not really a complaint more than a just pointing out, there were some parts of the book when Peaches would be talking about her “body parts” that I was wondering where the names were coming from.  It was funny to a degree, but after a while it just got kind of annoying.

With all that said and done, I would still recommend this book to many of my friends who are looking for a  new great read!
  
This book is currently $2.99 US Dollars on Amazon.

Click the cover and then 1 click to a new read!!!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment