14 July 2013

Branded, By Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki


Fifty years ago the Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. He created the Hole where sinners are branded according to their sins and might survive a few years. At best.

Now LUST wraps around my neck like blue fingers strangling me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit and now the Hole is my new home.

Darkness. Death. Violence. Pain.

Now every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t die. I won’t let them win.
 
The Hole can’t keep me. The Hole can’t break me.
 
I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter.
 
My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.


 Review Time:

Crystal's Review:


                I was completely unsure as to what I would think about this book when I first started it.  Sure the blurb sounded great, but there is always that balance that comes when you write a book that has to do with the church, or anything having to do with that.  Now granted the big thing with this book was the Seven Deadly Sins, and the treatment of the people who are guilty of them.


                When I started getting into this book however, I felt like I couldn’t put it down.  There were some parts that seemed unrealistic, but there were also some parts that I could honestly see that happening in our real world in the future.  The way that the Hole was described was in such a way that I felt like I needed a shower after reading it!! It was so detailed and graphic, but it was done amazingly well so that it didn’t feel over the top.



                There were some parts that I could see coming just from the blurb.  Even though this is a different type of novel than what is really big right now, you could still figure out what was going to happen next.  The ending of the book?  Was freaking OH MY GAWD!!!!  It caught me off guard by a long shot!  I wasn’t even close to right, not by a mile. 

                The characters were just amazing.  There isn’t enough words to be able to say about them, but they were just written in such a way that you were brought into their pain, their happiness, they sadness.  There are not of books these days that you can relate to the characters in such a way as these ones.  Even though you can’t “relate” completely (obviously because we don’t live in that world!) but the strength that they each have in their own separate forms is just amazing.

                This book was really fast paced, which is really good on one hand.  But there were some parts that did seem like they were rushed a little bit, such as the last couple chapters.  (I would say more specifically but I don’t want to give spoilers!)  I didn’t like the ending completely either, but it does leave it open for more books in the future.  I will read the next book in this series because I just want to find out more!!

                I would recommend this book to my friends!!!


Currently 99 CENTS on Amazon.
Click the cover and get a new read! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment