28 July 2013

The Accidental Demon Slayer, By Angie Fox


New York Times bestselling series!

 
It's never a good day when an ancient demon shows up on your toilet bowl. For Lizzie Brown that's just the beginning. Soon her hyperactive terrier starts talking and her long-lost biker witch Grandma is hurling Smuckers jars filled with magic. Just when she thinks she's seen it all Lizzie learns she's a demon slayer-and all hell is after her.

 
Of course that's not the only thing after her. Dimitri Kallinikos a devastatingly handsome shape-shifting griffin needs Lizzie to slay a demon of his own. But how do you talk a girl you've never met into going straight to the underworld? Lie. And if that doesn't work how dangerous could a little seduction be...?







Crystal's Review:

    While I do enjoy funny stories, you know the ones I’m talking about, the ones where you can’t stop laughing while you read reading them.  You will have tears running down your face because you are laughing so hard, those types of stories.  There is that line that is there, the one where the author can pass the line between being hilarious, and being way too much funny.

    That is the case with this book.  I did enjoy reading it because there were some parts of it that were just hilariously funny and I didn’t want to put the book down because I wanted to find the next funny part.  But that’s the only reason why I was reading it at the time, was because I wanted to know the next smartalec thing that was going to be said.  I didn’t get lost in the story itself like I normally do with books, I got lost in the funny.

    Now this story does have some “serious” undertones, when it comes to demons and the rings of hell of course it’s serious time.  I was upset that there wasn’t more in the training part of the story, as well as what hell was like.  Lizzie’s character didn’t seem like she was that different than other characters out there.  Besides the fact that she was a demon slayer, she didn’t stand out in any sense to me.

    But if you are looking for a great funny read, than this is the book for you to check out! 


Free on Amazon at time of posting.
Click the cover and then 1 Click

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment