28 July 2013

The Dominant, By Tara Sue Me


“THE SUBMISSIVE IS A MUST READ IF YOU LOVED 50 SHADES OF GREY.”– The Romance Review
Now comes The Dominant, the continuation of the tantalizing trilogy by Tara Sue Me, which has captivated millions…
Nathaniel West doesn’t lose control.

As the playboy CEO of West Industries, he governs the boardroom during the day; as a strict dominant with exacting rules, he commands the bedroom at night. He never takes on inexperienced submissives, but when Abigail King’s application comes across his desk, he breaks his own restrictions and decides to test her limits.

Abby’s combination of innocence and willingness is intoxicating, and Nathaniel is soon determined to collar her as his own. As long as she follows his orders and surrenders herself fully to him, no one will get hurt.

But when Nathaniel begins falling for Abby on a deeper level, he realizes that the trust must go both ways—and he has secrets which could bring the foundations of their entire relationship crashing down...




Crystal's Review:

    I really did enjoy reading this book because of the different view on things that it has.  This story is told from the Dominates perspective completely.  Which I thought was just amazing because there are so many books out there that are told from the submissive perspective; it was great to read one that wasn’t.  Some major kudos to the author for that right off the bat.

    Now with that being said, this is the second book in the series, so I am unsure if the first book in the series is also told from Nathaniel’s perspective, or if it is told from Abigail’s.  I think it would be awesome if it was told from his, but that is just me.  While reading this book there were parts that I was completely confused about, and even after finishing the book I was still confused.
    Apparently Nathaniel knows Abigail from somewhere else?  Well to me it would have been interesting to find out more about that during the course of the book, not just at the very end.  Also, I think it would have been interesting to find out more about Paul and his time with him.  It seemed as though there was more that might have been told in the first book that I am completely lost about because I haven’t read it.
    Nathaniel’s character has a sense about him, you can tell he has his issues but once again you don’t find out that much about him during the course of the book either.  Abigail seems to have certain strength about her, but you don’t really get to know her at all throughout the book.  Even the books that are told from the submissive perspective, they still let you get to know the dominate.  You didn’t get that in this book.
    I am unsure if I will read the first and last book in this series.  Even though I did enjoy this book, I just don’t see how I would be able to read it unless there is a lot of questions answered in those books. 


Releases Aug 6, 2013 for $8.89
Click the cover and then 1 Click.

0 comments:

Post a Comment