01 July 2013

The Replacement Guitarist, By Lori Toland

**This book contains M/M romance**



Blaze Shinozuka, a hot talent who auditions as a replacement guitarist for world famous pop star Cassie, is thrilled when he draws the attention of celebrity manager Jason Stockton—and not only because it could make his career. His instant attraction to Jason sends his world careening off its axis and drives him to make a move. But Jason reacts by trying to put distance between them, and Blaze finds himself thrust into the gritty world of rock 'n' roll while falling for a man he shouldn’t touch, let alone love.

Straight-laced Jason Stockton is always professional and never dips his pen in the company ink. But there's something about Blaze that leaves him wanting what he shouldn't, and the guitarist’s exotic beauty and compelling innocence turn out to be the temptation Jason can’t resist. But just one lie in the national media sets off a chain of events that pushes Jason and Blaze apart. Can they find a way to be together in the cutthroat, jealous world of rock 'n' roll even after the music stops?


Review Time:

                After reading this book, as much as I loved both characters, I think that Jason is my favorite out of the two.  Don’t get me wrong, Blaze is awesome!!! But there is just something about Jason that seems to tug at my heart strings and make me want to bring him home with me.  And since he is bi, hey I might have a chance!

                I have never been in the music business, and more than likely never will but the parts of this book that have to actually do with that part of it were written in a way that I could completely follow what was being done.  Without having to google every word because I didn’t understand what was being said.

                Jason and Blaze’s relationship seemed to take on a life of its own, and one thing that I did completely love about it was they both fought it!  It was as though they both realized that they wanted each other, but they didn’t think that they would be able to make it work out.  And once they did decide they were going to be together, they did everything they could to make it happen.

                Their relationship was so life like, that it was amazing to read.  This isn’t an easy love story, but it’s a real one.  They are faced with their ups and downs and there were a few points throughout the story where I was afraid of what might happen.

                This book had sucked me in to the point where I was up until 3 am reading it.  I actually sent Lori a message and told her she’s going to owe me for my lack of sleep!!

                I would completely recommend this book to my friends who enjoy this genre.




 This book is currently $5.79 on Amazon. 
To purchase your own copy, click the cover and 1click to a new read!


0 comments:

Post a Comment