07 August 2013

Elite, By Rachel Van Dyken


For Tracey Rooks, life with her grandparents on a Wyoming farm has always been simple. But after her grandmother's death, Tracey is all her grandfather has. So when Eagle Elite University announces its annual scholarship lottery, Tracey jumps at the opportunity to secure their future and enters. She isn't expecting much-but then she wins. And life as she knows it will never be same . . .

The students at Eagle Elite are unlike any she's ever met . . . and they refuse to make things easy for her. There's Nixon, gorgeous, irresistible, and leader of a group that everyone fears: The Elect. 

Their rules are simple. 1. Do not touch The Elect. 2. Do not look at The Elect. 3. Do not speak to The Elect. No matter how hard she tries to stay away, The Elect are always around her and it isn't long until she finds out the reason why they keep their friends close and their enemies even closer. She just didn't realize she was the enemy -- until it was too late. 



Have you ever been reading a book and there are so many parts of the story that don’t make sense to you? Yet you keep reading this book hoping that at one point or another it will finally all make sense to you? Well that is what happened with me and this book. There were a few parts that I wanted to put the book down because it just didn’t make sense to me, but I am so glad that I pushed myself through it and got to the good parts.

When it got to the part that made everything make sense, I had one of those Oh Shiz moments! After that part, everything that had already taken place in the story, all the parts that I was confused about finally made sense. A book that can give me an Oh Shiz moment is a really great book in my opinion.

The different characters that are in this book all seem to complement each other on all the different levels. Tracey’s character was just your typical farm girl, who won the college lottery. Being able to attend Eagle Elite is dreams come true. But who would have known that by attending that school, her life would have been completely changed? And not all in good ways either.

Nixon has this attitude about him; he comes off as a complete jerkface brat boy!! Sorry there really aren’t any other words for him. But I think that underneath that, the only thing that he is guilty of is having too big of a heart. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t want to have him mad at me, but I wouldn’t complain if he was in my corner.

This book has it all, the “strange” romance, drama, suspense, murder and of course the Oh Shiz moment that leaves you wanting for more. After I finished reading this book, I cyber stalked the author to see when the next book in the series is coming out. Because you can bet anything that I will be getting that book when it comes out!


0 comments:

Post a Comment