22 August 2013

Hollywood Dreams and Buttercream, By Sandra Sookoo

Gwynn Flannigan wants respect from her father and freedom from her big, loud family. The icing on her cake would be to win a decorating competition hosted by her favorite food magazine writer. Cole Marshall's one outlet from the stress of business life is writing his Cooking in the Buff feature. Who cares if he never has time for fun?

The answer for them both lies in the deep freeze at Sweet Endings, the struggling ice cream shop Gwynn manages and the one property Cole needs to secure a big promotion. He’s stuck in Madrigal, Indiana to unravel a knot of family drama that drives him crazy.

Things heat between Gwynn and Cole on the competition floor when Cole’s alter ego is revealed. Cake and accusations fly while dreams and goals are left crumbling. In order to balance family, business, and love, Gwynn and Cole will need to work together and become partners—in more ways than one. 
 
Gwynn Flannigan is a very interesting character, there were some parts of her that I could connect with, and others that I couldn't but I could see where she was coming from! This book wasn't what I expected it to be from the blurb and it ended up working out really well.


Throughout the book, Gwynn is faced with a tough decision when it comes to her future. One thing that I enjoyed was watching as she overcame that challenge presented to her, and was able to find something that she loved to help her through. Not only does she help with her future, she also helps with Cole.


Cole seems like the typical workaholic who is more worried about what people think of him, instead of doing what makes him happy. He has his “on the side job” that he does enjoy, but is afraid to let go of everything else to do it. In the course of this book we are able to learn more about him, as well as watch as he grows into something more than just a worker.


This book was very heartwarming for me. I completely enjoyed the story line that was presented and I think that the author did a really great job delivering it. There were some minor things that I didn't enjoy about the book, but it ended up working out by the end of the story.


Overall I think that this was a really great read and I would recommend it to many of my friends.







0 comments:

Post a Comment