10 August 2013

The Silver Chain, By Primula Bond

Bound by passion, she was powerless to resist.

The Silver Chain is the first in the sexy, passionate and addictive Unbreakable Trilogy by Primula Bond.

One dark evening in London, photographer Serena Folkes is indulging her impulsive side with a night-time shoot. But someone is watching her – mysterious entrepreneur Gustav Levi. Serena doesn’t know it yet, but this handsome stranger will change her life forever…

Serena is fascinated by Gustav, the enigmatic owner of the Levi Gallery, and she soon feels an irresistible pull of attraction. The interest is mutual, and Gustav promises to launch Serena’s photographic career at his gallery, but only if Serena agrees to become his exclusive companion.
To mark their agreement, Gustav gives Serena a bracelet to wear at all times. Attached to it is a silver chain of which he is the keeper. With the chain Gustav controls Serena physically and symbolically – a sign that she is under his power.

As their passionate relationship intensifies, Gustav’s hold on the silver chain grows stronger. But will Gustav’s dark past tear them apart?

A seductive and beautifully written novel perfect for fans of erotic romance.


 
This book left me confused quite a bit. There were some parts of it where I believed that I understood what was going on exactly, but then there were the other parts where I was left wondering what the heck I had started reading.
Things I DID enjoy about this book:
  • I enjoyed how Serena knew what she wanted out of life and she went about doing what her dreams were. She didn’t let anyone hold her back, not even her first love.
  • The way that Serena was able to explain the different photographs that she had taken, it was explained in a way that it was easy for me to follow.
  • The secrets that Gustav seems to have. That adds more to his mystery.
  • The way that the story seemed to carry along all together. It seemed to have a great flow.
Things I did NOT enjoy about this book:
  • The author seemed to have an obsession with the characters teeth. When you read this story you will understand what I mean.
  • I am still left confused as to if Gustav is actually a vampire or if Serena has an obsession with vampires to the point where she believes that Gustav is one.
  • There were some parts of the story that just seemed to be drawn out further than they needed to be.
  • I don’t completely understand the whole concept of the silver chain, wouldn’t it be obvious to others around them that she was wearing it and it was attached to him?
All in all, I thought that this was a pretty decent read. I am unsure if I will read the next book in the series or not. I suppose it will just depend on what others who have read it say.


B&N 

0 comments:

Post a Comment