22 September 2013

Fall For Me, By Ann Lister

**This book contains Male Male Romance**


Entertainment journalist, Ryan Pierce, meets the infamous bad-boy rocker, Dagger Drummond, and walks away with a great interview and a scandalous news bit that has the potential to turn the music world on its ear. Exposing the story would boost Ryan's career, but it would also come with the risk of ruining Dagger's privacy – and possibly his Rock God status.
The unlikely friendship that develops between Dagger and Ryan brings Ryan to question more than just his journalistic oath to report the news. It also forces him to take a look at himself and newly discovered feelings – feelings that make Ryan blind to the risk of becoming front page news himself.

Will Ryan find the courage to make a life decision to give himself true happiness with Dagger or take the path that would likely lead to heartbreak and destroy his career forever?



This is not your typical Male/Male book by any standards.  Don’t get me wrong, it is still an M/M book, but I enjoyed how completely different the story was from other books in the genre.

In this book we meet Ryan and Dagger who are complete and total opposites, but there is that connection between the two of them.  I was left wondering what was going to happen with them, because there were some parts that I thought I had it figured out and then there was a twist!  Ryan’s character I think is one of the best characters that I have read in a very long time.  The reason behind that is how realistic he is, and how it was very easy to connect with him.

It was very enjoyable to watch as he came to terms with his feelings, and what he was going to do about them.  Do not go into this book expecting sex right off the bat, well there is some hot as heck phone sex that happens, but actual physical sex?  It happens later in the book.  Usually I don’t like having to wait for sex; however in this book I loved the wait.  I loved the fact that nothing was rushed. 

Now for Dagger, him I have mixed emotions about.  While in the beginning of the story you can tell he is hiding things in his past.  Even after he opens up about what had happened to him, I still felt in a way that he was hanging onto a few things.  I think he is still hiding things.  But that is what makes him him.

The plot line of the story, even though I am a bit tired of the rock star bad boy thing that is going on right now, I enjoyed that it wasn’t a huge part of the story.  It was great to follow along as Ryan and Dagger were able to get to know each other as people.

Overall,  I did enjoy this book and I will be checking out other books by Ann in the future.





0 comments:

Post a Comment