09 September 2013

Outtakes By Tibby Armstrong

***This book contains Male Male Relations***
After actor Kit Harris tells the world he’s gay, life isn’t all cupcakes and rainbow flags. It’s decidedly less tasty and a lot less colorful. Coming out might not have been the best thing for a Hollywood career or a high-profile love life.
Try as he might, rising star Jeremy Ash can’t seem to stir Kit’s interest long enough to heal his bruised ego or fragile heart. Complicating matters, a celebrity chef enters with plans to cook up a new angle on Kit’s career.

Jeremy’s worried Kit’s going off half-baked, or worse, turning up the heat on a new relationship. Either way, Jeremy knows the situation is a recipe for disaster if he and Kit can’t come up with the ingredients to love.

                 This is the 4th book in the Hollywood Series, and it was the first one that I had read of them.  With that being said, I was confused a bit about what was happening in this book but I was still able to enjoy the story that was being told.  I think that each part of the series so far has been about a different part of the relationships that are formed.  Which I think is a really cool idea to do.


                The two main characters in this book, Kit and Jeremy, their relationship is strained.  I could tell that from the beginning of the book.  It was interesting to find out what they were going through and what they were each dealing with.  One thing that I did enjoy about their relationship is the fact that they were having problems!  As funny as that may sound, it made the relationship seem more real because everyone has problems. 

                I tried really hard to like Kit’s character, I really did, but there was something about him that just didn’t work for me.  It felt like throughout the whole book he was complaining about one thing or another.  Jeremy seemed like more the “down to earth” guy.  He was concerned about what was happening with Kit, and he was trying to make it better.  There were times where I wanted to smack Kit because of how he was acting with Jeremy, but he ended up making everything right in my eye.

                Even though I did enjoy this book, I think that I would have enjoyed it more if I had read the other books in the series.  So my thoughts are, if you have already read the other books, make sure you read this one!



0 comments:

Post a Comment