08 September 2013

Robin Lynn Wildes Spotlight!!!



Let's welcome Robin Lynn Wildes

To the blog this week!!!

    The Serious:

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I am a single mother, a grandmother, a singer/songwriter, a daughter, a grand-daughter, a caregiver and most recently, a pretty popular new indie author!

What was your life like before becoming an author?
I have been an author...for quite a while now...but I guess you mean since other people could read my books, etc...which was just a year ago, so before I was a AUTHOR I was a writer, taking moments of every day to write, study, pray. Laugh....experience everything...and give everything...in order to present a TRUE sense of purpose to the world, a better example to my children, and a positive role model for those around me.


How many books do you currently have published?
Currently there is LOVE NEVER ENDS, (Book One) and the PREVIEW edition for NO STRINGS, (Book Two)

Are you currently working on anything right now?
Currently I am working on the finale of Book Two, “No Strings”, and a tiny snippet of “Building on Forever” (Book Three)

If so, can you share a little with us?
Where Book Two, No Strings”, leaves off, readers will feel fairly certain of the fate of both sets of characters, but the questions loom about the remaining sisters, Macy, and Adriana. Book Three is about Adriana, and her romance with Preston Cartwright...acclaimed architect and proper Bostonian, who has been in love with Adriana since the day she stepped onto the campus of the little school in Atlanta, Georgia.

Your first book, where did you come up with the idea for it?
When I first thought about Love Never Ends, I had the situation. A new father shows up to bring his wife and daughter home only to find his wife gone. I knew eventually I wanted to get them in the same room...but when I got further into the scenes, especially the recollection scenes of both Margo and Larson, I knew that once they met again...sparks would fly. 


 Did you experience any difficulties when it came to writing your first book? i.e. writers block?
From its inception, the biggest problem was convincing the reader that the story was believable. If someone threatened the very livelihood of YOUR soul-mate, and YOUR child, wouldn't you move heaven and earth to fix it!?? Margo did what she thought was best at the time, and regretted it for ever after,....hence why she spent so much time thinking about the past...and the perfect gift...etc.


How do you come up with the title for your book(s)?
I think about the initial story line...what is the main though...the main theme...and then I play with the words until the right title presents itself. 


What's the greatest compliment you have gotten about your work?
The greatest compliment I ever received was a quote from an article in the newspaper, where Henry Green, features editor for the Press and Banner (from Abbeville, SC) , really captured the essence of why there in fact IS a “Festival Series”
“Her fictional family in “Love..”enjoys talking about the past, doning costumes of yesteryear.  Without giving away too much of the plot, we can say that landmarks in Abbeville are mentioned throughout the book.   “Coming home”, with all of it’s joys is a big theme of it.  The second book in the four part series she expects to come out next year, around the time of the Spring Festival.”


What do you do when you’re not writing?
Dream about writing?? I actually spend time with friends, attend church services and activities, spend time with my family...I just try to spend at least an hour or two a day “WRITING” something!!


Do you have a "regular" job?
During Tax Time...I am a consultant for people to help them prepare the ever elongated and complicated world of tax forms...the other 9 months...I'm a writer
 


Do you see writing as a future full time job?
Oh yes, please!!

What sparked the idea for your novel?
Family. There is a special bond between family members, that's cousins, sisters, aunts and uncles, grandparents, parents...it's amazing...and I wanted the true nature of those bonds to transcend the obscurity that has been the case for books as of late. When you pick up a book from me, you are getting a family story, with a bit of mystery and suspense, a dribble of humor, and just enough love to keep you coming back for more!


 How personal is your writing?
I don't think a writer can share with his/her words believably without getting a bit personal. You can be assured that the experiences in my novels are as real and probable as landing a rocket on a star!! Every dream just needs that thought, and the belief to make it fly!

The Fun:
You win a million dollars, but you have to give half to a charity. Which charity do you pick, and what do you do with the rest of the money?
The CHARITY would be The Ronald McDonald House Children's Charity/Ministry. The rest of the money I would split between my parents, and my children and self...so that everyone can breathe a little easier!
 

 If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do?


I would be in the center ring, announcing the events


 
If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why?
The Bachelor, but not to be a contestant...I would want to be more of a house mother to get those girls in shape emotionally to deal with NOT getting a rose!!



What is your very favorite part of your day?
The evening, when I'm listening to the television, and the morning, when I am spending time with my grand-mother.

Did you ever go against a fashion rage? Why?
I don't REALLY know what that means, but I dress the way I want, when I want, in the styles I choose, and don't really care if anyone has a problem with it.

Choose a movie title for the story of your life.
 Against the grain, against all odds!!

What internet site do you surf to the most?
Google Images/Maps, and Facebook run a tight NECK AND NECK


 If you could eliminate one thing from your daily schedule, what would it be and why?
Sleeping....because I hate feeling like I've missed something!!

You've just been hired to a promotions position at Kellog Co. What would you put in a new breakfast cereal box as a gimmick?
A clock ticking, like an alarm...and just when it goes off....BRRRRRIIIINNNNNGGGG!!!!!!! a plastic mouse pops out of the box holding a coupon.

List  five adjectives to describe yourself.
Funny, empathetic, caring, loving, loyal

If you could fly to a different time zone, which one would you fly to? Why?
Pacific Time Zone, because I love the west coast … (and I'd really love to see the sunset ON THE BEACH again)



What's the funniest prank ever played on you?
Super-hot wing in my mild/wimpy ones....everyone laughed....I through the basket of wings into the lap of the culprit...FUNNY....and very very rewarding!!!
 
On Saturdays, I like to...
sleep, though I rarely do...then I go spend the afternoon with my granddaughters and my daughter

On Sundays, I like to...
Worship....it's all about God every day, but on Sunday, I show Him how much He is control of my life.



Three things I think will become obsolete in 10 years:
The IRS, School Books, and the Pencil (Which means my life will be most assuredly devoted to writing full time!!)

 


 Anything else you would want to say to your readers???
 What I want to take the time to say, in this “Spotlight”, is that the South is full of wonderful history, beautiful landscapes, and wonderful people. 
We have our celebrities, sports heroes, festivals, national landmarks…and yet we are a light-hearted group of people.  We love our families, we love our country, and we love our history.

 It makes perfect sense to me to use these wonderful southern states as the backdrop to my writing, and when you take the time to visit the brick-lined streets of Abbeville, South Carolina, or the cobbled stoned walkways of Helen, Georgia, you’ll fall in love as I did upon arrival 22 years ago.


0 comments:

Post a Comment