30 September 2013

The Boss, By Abigail Barnette

Sophie Scaife almost ran away once, trading her ticket to college for a ticket to Tokyo. But a delayed flight and a hot one-night stand with a stranger changed her mind, putting her firmly on track to a coveted position at a New York fashion magazine.

When the irresistible stranger from that one incredible night turns out to be her new boss – billionaire and publishing magnate Neil Elwood – Sophie can’t resist the chance to rekindle the spark between them… and the opportunity to explore her submissive side with the most Dominant man she’s ever known.

Neil is the only man who has ever understood Sophie’s need to submit in the bedroom, and the only man who has ever satisfied those desires. When their scorching, no-strings-attached sexual relationship becomes something more, Sophie must choose between her career and heart… or risk losing them both



WOW, in all honesty that is what I have to say about this book.  First off here is my warning to you THERE IS A CLIFFHANGER!!!  If you don’t like cliffhangers, break your rules for this book!  Because the sequel is already released, you can go ahead and read them both right away!  Totally makes it worth it to me, but that’s just my opinion.

Ok onto the story, now yes it seems to a degree that the author has jumped on the 50 shades bandwagon with this book that is not completely the case.  This book has so much more to offer than 50 Shades did.  The characters in the book were written very well, their personalities were able to play off of each other to a degree that you could see the chemistry between Neil and Sophie.  

I do think that the little twist on their relationship was funny to a degree, but also I don’t understand the importance of it.  That was until later on in the book.  There were some parts of the book that seemed to be drawn out to me, for instance Sophie’s job and everything, but overall I still think that this was a great read.  There is BDSM in this book to a degree, it’s not as drastic as other books out there, but there is some in the book. 

I don’t want to give too much of the book away because it’s such a good book!

Once I started this book, I have to say that I was completely happy that I had the second book already because I don’t know what I would have done having to wait for the sequel to arrive.  I would completely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a  great new read.



0 comments:

Post a Comment