05 September 2013

The Tenor's Fall Tour Stop!!

Julian is a disgraced superstar, hated by everybody in America. Accused of a crime he didn't commit. He leaves everything behind and goes back to his roots, changing himself enough that he can go unrecognized by the people around him. He meets Sandy a young woman who teaches him how to laugh and live again. The two of them will have to confront his ghosts and the man responsible for Julian’s fall.

This book contains adult/mature young adult situations.



When I was finally acquitted, I couldn’t be around anybody. I was too full of rage. So I asked my grandfather, Maria, and Kyle to give me time and space. I knew my grandfather didn’t want to leave me alone, but he eventually respected my wishes. I hated knowing that he had to listen to all those lies about me. But there was nothing I could do.
The first thing that I did after I came back from court was to dismiss all my staff. I couldn’t stand being around them, knowing they all thought I was guilty. They were told I was moving out of the country and I had Kyle given them a six month severance package.
The truth was that I was still living at home. My music the only comfort I had left. I was finished as a recording artist but I could still play for myself. Music helped me regain my stability, creating new melodies and songs restored a part of me that I lost during the trial, it soothed my soul. So I played for hours and hours every day. Also needing a physical outlet I started to exercise constantly, something I never did before, swimming, and lifting weights. Before my ordeal I had a slightly overweight body but with the constant exercise I developed a stronger more defined body. Not that I took too much notice of these changes, at least not at first. The only thing on my mind was the public backlash and the betrayal from the people closest to me. My girlfriend Melissa Roberts had viciously attacked me on television, dumping me on live TV. I guess I should have expected it, but I truly believed that we had something special. I thought she knew me well enough to know I was innocent. But I guess I was wrong about that.
After the break up I became depressed, trying to get out of bed each day was a battle. I lost interest in my own environment, drinking constantly. What saved me was music, one day I walked into my studio and started playing. I played all day, I was so consumed with the music I was creating that I forgot to drink, I forgot to eat. That broke my self-destructive cycle. Now all I did was exercise, and create music. I never shaved anymore and after six months, my face was covered by a thick beard, and my hair was longer than ever.
One day I happened to look at myself in one of the mirrors and I almost didn’t recognize my reflection. My face was slim, chiseled and with the beard I looked different. I no longer looked like the baby face boy the public was used to seeing. My most recognized features were my long blond hair and my blue eyes. This gave me an idea. I went into my bathroom, grabbed a pair of scissors and I cut my hair almost to the scalp. When I was done I shaved my head completely. I looked more mature. The thick beard and shaved head changed my features. I looked at myself and started to plot.
I wouldn’t stay inside the house anymore I was starting to go insane. So I packed some clothes, grabbed one of my guitars, and my laptop. I took some money out of the safe, grabbed my wallet and put the bags in the trunk of my Mercedes. I went back inside the house found a pair of sun glasses. I put them on, looking in the mirror. The change in my appearance was even more marked with the glasses on. And then something else occurred to me. I grabbed my phone and called Kyle.
Kyle, I need your help” I said as soon as my friend came on the line.
What’s wrong?” He said worriedly.
Nothing is wrong, but I need you to get me some stuff.”
Oh ok, what do you need?” Kyle asked relived.
I want you to go to one of those eye doctor places and get me a pair of non-prescription brown contact lenses, and get me a pair of non-prescription reading glasses.”
Oh god, what are you going to do?” Kyle asked alarmed.
Nothing, I just need to get out of the house for a while.” I said impatiently.
I hear you man, but to be realistic your face is one of the most recognizable faces in the world.” Kyle said carefully.
I took a deep breath, trying not to yell at my friend for telling me what I already knew. “Please Kyle just get me what I asked ok?”
Ok, I’ll be there as soon as I can get your stuff.”
Thank you.” I said gratefully.
Forty five minutes later Kyle was knocking on my door, carrying a bag.
Finally!” I said as I opened the door.
Kyle opened his mouth to complain, when he finally got a look at me, and his jaw dropped. “Holy shit!” Kyle said in disbelief. “What did you do to yourself?”
I just wanted a change.” I said sarcastically, as I led the way to my bedroom.
You look ripped, you have a beard, and you shaved your head!” Kyle said in disbelief
You sure are one observant Sonofabitch.” I said with a little smirk, starting to enjoy my friend’s reaction.
Oh you think this is funny?” He said with a frown, but he was starting to find the humor in the situation. “I can’t believe you shaved your head! And I can’t believe you are one of the lucky sons of bitches who actually looks good bald.” Kyle said shaking his head at the injustice, he was losing his hair and he wasn’t as lucky. He just didn’t look good bald.
I couldn’t help it, looking at Kyle’s disgruntled expression I started to laugh. I thought that I could never laugh again, but here I was laughing at my best friend. It was the first step towards recovery, I didn’t realize it at that moment but Kyle did. And he started to laugh too, his laughter a combination of relief and happiness.
Do you have the stuff?” I asked looking at the bag that Kyle was carrying.
Here” He passed me the bag then he went to one of the chairs by the bed.
I went to the bathroom to put the contact lenses on. My eyes changed with the lenses on, they were a little more generic, a nice brown, not my vibrant blue. I put the glasses on and my look was a more everyday white collar worker. I went back out to show Kyle the change.
What do you think?” I asked my friend.
I think it works.” Kyle said quietly.
Good.”
What are you going to do?”
I’m going to New York, I want to visit Maria. I really need to get out of here for a while.”
Do you want me to get your plane ready?” Kyle asked.
No I’m driving.”
Driving? Julian, New York is too far away.” Kyle said exasperated.
I know, but I don’t want a paper trail. I don’t want anybody to know, it will ruin my disguise, besides I really want to get out of the house see the country side.” I said with a smirk.
Kyle just shook his head in amusement. “So you’re driving to New York wearing a disguise?”
That’s right. It should be fun.” I said tilting my head to the side, taking a last look in the mirror. I looked like a different guy. It was awesome.
Great, just great!” Kyle said resignedly.
Let me call Maria to make sure that she wants company” I said, as I grabbed my phone.
Oh I think she’ll be delighted.” He said rolling his eyes.
I don’t take anything for granted anymore.” I murmured, as I waited for Maria to pick up.
Maria, hi” I said cheerfully when I got her on the line.
Julian! You horrible boy, I left about a thousand messages and you never replied! I thought I raised you better than that.” she scolded me gently.
Sorry, I guess I had a lot on my mind.” I murmured.
I know honey, but it’ll get better.” She said comfortingly.
I hope you’re right.” I said quietly. “Maria, I’m going a little crazy here, can I visit you?”
Of course, I could love for you to visit. I miss you!” She said excitedly.
I know, I miss you too,” I said truthfully. “Listen, do you have a lot of people working for you at home?”
No just one lady who helps me clean and cook.” Maria said surprised by the question.
Sweetheart, I can clean and cook for you for a couple of weeks.” I offered hesitantly. “And I can pay your housekeeper to go on vacation for the two or three weeks I’ll be there. I just don’t want any company but you.” I said a little lost.
Whatever you want, just come.” Maria said shocked up.
Thank you. Let me call you back with the exact date. It will probably be two to three days.” I said gratefully.
Ok, call me soon.” She said sternly, making me smile.
Yes, ma’am.” I said respectfully before I disconnected.
I turned back to Kyle “I’m leaving for New York tonight. Please take care of the house for me.”
I will. I sort of wish I could go to New York with you.” He said wishfully.
You’re too recognizable. If they see you they’ll make the connection to me.” I said regretfully.
I know.” He said with a sigh. “Well give my best to Maria.”
I will, thanks Kyle.”
No problem man, I’m here if you need anything.” He said shaking my hand, leaving me to get ready for my trip.

Ok, let’s just get the big ol’ elephant in the room out of the way…the cover.  Oy.  I feel the cover of this book does not do it justice.  I don’t see how it has much to do with the book, nor do I think it will attract a person to purchase it, which is a shame, because it’s not a bad story.  Now, onward!
This is the story of Julian.  He’s a famous musician who is wrongly accused (and acquitted) of murder.  It ruins his career, and nearly ruins him.  He has a core group of people that he is close to that supported him through his ordeal, but the rest of the people that attached to him while famous either disappeared or he pushed away.  Several months after the trial, he decides that he needs to start living again, so he goes to visit a family friend – incognito – in New York, which is where he meets Sandy.   She doesn’t know who he is when they first meet.  Together, they embark on a pretty exciting adventure that is part thriller/mystery and part romance. 
I will say that I liked the plot to this book quite a bit.  Julian is a cynical, tortured young man, and Sandy helps him to begin to trust again.  I thought the relationship between them was sweet.   And the mystery/thriller aspect of the book kept me interested and engaged.  However, this book had many editing and grammar mistakes that were very prevalent throughout the story and difficult to overlook.  I felt they really detracted from what is, at its core, a great story with good characters.   If I were judging this book on plot alone, I’d give this book 4 stars, but because of the editing, I have to give the overall book three stars.

Currently FREE on Amazon!
Click the cover and 1 click!




I currently live in Miami Florida. I went to FAU for accounting but my real love has always been books and I’m excited to start doing what I truly love. Ever since I was a little girl I’ve loved books more than anything else. I remember my father bringing me a collection of stories. And I remembered reading them and being transported to new and amazing worlds. Worlds where magic carpets existed, places full of adventure. And ever since then, I’ve never stopped reading. But what I wanted to do was to create my own stories and now the time is right to start sharing those stories with other people.


I’m lucky to live close to the beach. I love going with my family and friends and getting inspired with the gorgeous view of the ocean. I’m currently working on a couple of new novels, the second and final book of The Tenor’s fall, should be out in late 2013.

0 comments:

Post a Comment