17 September 2013

Zoey Rogue, By Lizzy Ford


** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations, language and mature subject matter **
He only needs three nights to make her his …

With more heart than sense, fearless, beautiful Zoey has saved countless college-aged women from horrifying deaths at the hands of supernatural sadists. She may be a mere half-succubus in a society that views half-breeds with derision, but she still retains the highest rescue rate of any Hunter in the Sucubatti society.

As the calm, disciplined leader of the Incubatti Enforcers, Declan is the polar opposite of Zoey – and the sworn enemy of her society. Forced to rescue her one night, Declan realizes two things: he doesn’t need someone as wild and independent as Zoey in his life – and he can’t live without her.

In this world, there’s only one incubus for every sucubatti and Zoey and Declan are stuck with each other. They’re just as likely to kill each other as they are to yield to each other’s sex magic.

She has authority issues and drinks too much. He is the irresistibly sexy incubus pre-ordained to tame her. Neither can fight their intense attraction, and yet trusting each other is out of the question.

What happens when their worlds crash down around them?

Strike three. You’re mine.




                Being a fan of the paranormal genre, when I saw this book, I was excited and couldn’t wait to start reading it.  There were some aspects of the book that left me wanting for more.  Trust me, by the last page I wanted more of the story to come.  I can’t wait for the next book to come out!!
                But while I was actually reading the book, in the beginning there were quite a few repeats.  There were a few paragraphs that I had felt like I read before and turned out that I was right on that point.  To me, it felt like the repeats were too much at times, but after getting past them the story got better and better.
                This book has enough action in it that I was left on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next.  And, of course, you can’t have a book that has a bunch of females in it without a certain amount of drama.  I think that the author had the right balance between all the aspects of the story that it was able to keep me interested in the story.
                The different characters in the story all seemed to play off of each other’s emotions.  And not just because of what they are!  Each of them had their roles, and they all filled them completely in my opinion.
                After finishing this book, some questions are answered that I had while reading it.  But then again, the biggest questions were left unanswered which I hope that the author will answer in the next book.




0 comments:

Post a Comment