06 October 2013

Claiming Lainey, By Lynnette Bernard

[Ménage Amour: Erotic Paranormal Cowboy Ménage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, light bondage, sex toys, HEA]

Society doesn’t allow for three people to love each other. Lainey Markham knows this and is heartbroken. She has loved Tim Hughes and Spence McKade since she was a child and refuses to choose one man over the other. They call her their bridge. When she touches both of them, everything feels right, but she denies what is meant to be so her men won’t be hurt.

Spence and Tim have finally come to the realization that Lainey is their destined mate. They are determined that it’s about time Lainey realizes it, too. She is the woman who will be their friend, their lover, and the mother of their children. The hell with what society says. They will pursue her with purpose and will not give up until she is committed to them, living in their home, sleeping in their bed, and carrying their babies.

Note: This book contains double vaginal penetration.

Note: While Claiming Lainey is a stand-alone title, it is suggested that the previous titles in this series be read first for continuity.

A Siren Erotic Romance

Well anyone who follows my reviews (or even listened to my interview) knows that Lynnette is one of my favorite authors!  With each book that she releases, I am right on the front line buying my copy.  I am very happy to say that this book didn’t let me down at all!  I actually think it might be my favorite book of hers so far.
Her Cowboy Mates series is just an amazing series in general.  One thing that I love about her characters is how realistic they are.  They are not skinny 19 year olds who haven’t had anything happen to them in their lives.  All of them have had things happen to them and they are still trucking along.  But back to the story!!
We have met Lainey, Spencer and Tim in the previous books and one thing I enjoyed about that was we already have an understanding about their relationship.  But even if you haven’t read the other books in the series, you can still just read this one and be able to understand what is going on.  That is another thing that Lynnette does and it is a good thing, but also a bad thing to me.  If you have followed the series then there are some parts that are repeats, but if you haven’t read the series than you will be able to follow along perfectly.
The characters in the book were expanded upon in great ways.  We were lucky enough to learn more about the trio when they were younger and when they realized how they felt about each other.  My only complaint about the characters is it felt at times the other characters seemed to take over the story.  While it was great to catch up on the other couples, it felt like we lost track of the trio.
Overall, I did completely enjoy this book and let me tell you?  The twist at the end?  FREAKING AMAZING!  That is all that I will say about it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment