05 October 2013

Hell Without You, By Ranae Rose


Time changes everything, except what’s meant to be.
Seven years is a long time – long enough to transform Clementine from a small-town teenager with a broken heart into a woman ready to take on the world, but not long enough to make her forget about the man she was never supposed to see again. A temporary return to tiny Willow Heights thrusts her back into Donovan’s life and home, unearthing heartbreak and obsession that have stood the test of time.

He left seven years ago too, for war and other things Clementine can only imagine. Coming back to the town where he grew up in the shadow of poverty and drug addiction makes no sense, and neither do Clementine’s feelings for him. He could never forgive her for leaving, could he? Even if she had no choice.

Now, she has the freedom to choose … and so does he. Every day in Willow Heights makes it clearer: all he ever really wanted was her, and nothing will change that. Not even a taste of the hell that drove them apart in the first place.




Oh the second chance love!! I enjoy these stories quite a bit, but I usually have to be in a certain mood to read them.  Thankfully when I was reading this story I was in that kind of mood.  This story had all the aspects needed to make a great romance story that will keep you turning the pages.

The characters in the story I felt were written very well, I was able to connect with them on a personal level.  Clementine was your typical girl, who put her own desires on the backburner because she had to make sure that the man she loved wouldn’t be in trouble.  You could see the affect that had on her when she sees Donovan once again.  Donovan’s character was written just perfectly in my opinion.  He was the tall, dark and handsome man that every woman dreams about finding.

Now even though I said this is a romance, there was still a ton of suspense that happens in the story.  There was the right amount of drama that kept me wanting to turn the pages and see what was going to end up happening.  It did feel at times like there was too much going on at once, but I still enjoyed the story itself.
I have read books by Ranae Rose in the past, and I had mixed emotions about them.   

However I am really glad that I took a chance on this book because it turned out great.  I am really happy that I read this book and I will recommend it to my followers.





0 comments:

Post a Comment