05 November 2013

The Edge of Always, By J.A. Redmerski


He was taking the long road. She was taking the road to nowhere. It just so happened that they led to the same place…
When everything falls apart, love remains . . .

THE EDGE OF ALWAYS

Camryn Bennett has never been happier. Five months after meeting on a Greyhound bus, she and her soul mate Andrew Parrish are engaged—and a wedding isn’t the only special event in their future. Nervous but excited, Camryn can’t wait to begin the rest of her life with Andrew – a man she knows in her heart will love her always. They have so much to look forward to—until tragedy blindsides them.

Andrew doesn’t understand how this could happen to them. He’s trying to move on, and thought Camryn was doing the same. But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging ways, there is nothing he won’t do to bring her back to life. Determined to prove that their love can survive anything, Andrew decides to take Camryn on a new journey filled with hope and passion. If only he can convince her to come along for the ride…



                I’m sure you have heard about The Edge of Never, if you haven’t you really should check that book out!!  It was by far one of my favorite books that I have read; I even went so far as to buy my own paperback copy of the book because I enjoyed it so much!  (Coming from me that means a lot!)
                When I heard that J.A. was going to be releasing a sequel to that story, I couldn’t wait to read it.  But I think that the problem I had with this book was with how great the first book was, I had really high expectations for this one and I felt like I was let down a bit.
                Don’t get me wrong, I still loved the story and being able to catch up with Camryn and Andrew, but there were parts of the story that just seemed to skim over what was going on.  I don’t want to give away too much of the story because I still think that everyone should read this book, but there were certain scenes that seemed very important and there wasn’t enough given to them.
                It was great to watch as Camryn grew in this story because in the first book, she didn’t seem to change that much.  While she was going through something that was horrible, it caused her to grow up and deal with things that she hadn’t dealt with in her past.  Andrew was steadfast in this book, if I could find a guy like him in real life; I would keep a hold onto him!  He was just amazing with everything going on and doing his best to take care of Camryn.
                Overall, this was still a good book in my opinion, and if you enjoyed the first book, you should check this one out!


 B&N

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment