30 December 2013

Hearts on the Line Tour Stop!!

NLseriestour6
vengeful_in_love 
Revenge is sweet... 
 Self-made billionaire Alex Damon wants his pound of flesh from the people who ripped his family apart. When he discovers his enemies' daughter is working at his company -- and most likely spying for them -- he decides to start his revenge by seducing her. Natalie Hall is stunned at the personal interest from the CEO of her company. Vulnerable, with an already bruised heart, she wants to avoid any involvement -- but she can't deny the desire he arouses in her. 
 ...but love is sweeter...
What should've been a straightforward eye-for-an-eye starts to unravel as Natalie's unflinching loyalty and kindness begin to thaw Alex's cold intent. But caring for her is unthinkable...since he plans to use everything in his power to ruin her family and everyone else she holds dear.
badge-addtogoodreads  
amazonbadgenookbadgeibookbadgekobobadge


When I first started this book, I thought it was going to be really good.  It was interesting to see what was going to happen between Alex and Natalie.  But as the story went along, it felt very predictable to me.  Like we knew what was going to happen.
There was one big twist that had to do with Natalie, and that is one of the reasons why I did enjoy this book so much.  It was just how off the wall and holy shiz what is going on here moment that was. 
I thought Natalie’s character, I really liked her.  I thought she was written very well, and not your typical spoiled rich girl.  Alex’s character was very domineering but you could also tell the sensitive side of him.  And especially after he acknowledged the feelings he had for Natalie, he just wanted what was best for her overall. 
Overall, I did still enjoy the book.  I just wish there would have been more than 1 twist that would have been added to the story.  Because besides that, to me personally, there wasn’t anything that made this story stand out from others in the same genre.
reunited_in_love 
A temporary reunion... 
Newly jobless and adrift, former investment banker Kerri Wilson travels to Virginia to see her best friend and regroup, only to run into billionaire playboy Ethan Lloyd. It's been years since she's snuck out of his bed after the most amazing sex of her life, and he's so not her type -- she likes them tall, dark and manageable. But he's too hot to resist, and she succumbs to another sizzling, no-strings-attached (or so she thinks) night.
Unwilling to let her go this time, Ethan makes a simple proposition: a job, a place to stay, and an exclusive affair that will end when either of them finds someone else. But with her dark, painful past catching up to her, Kerri may have to bolt again -- even though her heart is telling her to stay. And Ethan's not giving her up without fighting to make their "temporary" arrangement something far more permanent...
badge-addtogoodreads
We were introduced to both Ethan and Kerri in the first book in the series, so I had a feeling that the second book would be about them.  And I had really high hopes for it, but I feel let down a lot.
The storyline seemed very predictable to me.  I was just hoping for more suspense, don’t get me wrong, there was plenty of drama in the book, but it was just so obvious what was going to happen next.  What was going to go on and everything of the sort I just didn’t enjoy it so much.
Now one thing that I will say about the book is that the smutty scenes?  Those are steamy; they were written very well and didn’t cross any lines to what could be considered crude.
I don’t understand the whole medical issues that Kerri was having, because at first it felt like they were going one way and then they just stopped.  You weren’t really told what all was going on with that; I just wish there would have been some resolution when it came to those issues.
Overall though, I felt like there could have been some twists and turns in this book that could have been added to where the story could have went better for me.
But despite all of that I did enjoy the read and I will look forward to the next book in the series because I am really interested to find out what is going to happen.
 NL-otherbooks
nadia_lee_smBilingual former management consultant Nadia Lee has lived in four different countries and enjoyed many adventures and excellent food around the globe. In the last eight years, she has kissed stingrays, been bitten by a shark, ridden an elephant and petted tigers. She shares an apartment overlooking a river and palm trees in Japan with her husband and son. When she's not writing, she can be found digging through old Asian historical texts or planning another trip.




1 comment: