21 December 2013

Home for the Holidays, By Lori Toland

 
Jason Stockton and Blaze Shinozuka are looking forward to escaping their hectic rock and roll lifestyle for a relaxing holiday. Their plan seems promising, and the passion between them burns hotter than ever as they keep each other warm despite the icy temperatures.

When a surprise Stockton family get-together threatens to reveal what Jason would rather keep hidden, their budding relationship is put to the test and an impromptu trip to Hawaii makes the differences between them more obvious than ever.

Thanks to two chaotic family holidays and a lot of painful secrets, Christmas could end up being more than their new found love can endure.

And *NEW* The Journey Onward…

Getting back from paradise and being alone is exactly what Jason and Blaze need to build their relationship and break down the barriers between them but nothing is ever that simple. Being in LA means back to work for Jason and Blaze gets a sample of what life will be like as Jason’s partner.

Can loving each other be enough to keep them together? Blaze is finding out how much work goes into keeping a relationship alive and in their darkest hour, they will have to stand united as partners to weather a storm that could devastate their future.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18393831-home-for-the-holidays?ac=1

I feel as though I should say that I did read the original version of this book about a year ago.  And I did enjoy it quite a bit.  But also on that note, I can say with completely honesty that I LOVED this version of the book much more than the original.
In this story, we get to spend the holidays with Jason and Blaze.  What should have started out as a fun vacation time ended up becoming something even… worse.  I couldn’t imagine being either one of them when they are meeting the parents the first time.  I do think that Lori did a really great job explaining what was happening during the visits with their families.  I really did like how Lori added the family drama between Jason and his brother.  I think with the way that she explained it all in a way that even if you haven’t read the first book, The Replacement Guitarist, you can still follow along with this book quite well.
I couldn’t imagine going through was Blaze did, but I do have to say that I think Lori did an amazing job writing about what he was going through when it came to his family and coming out.  I think she wrote it out very well and you could tell the emotions and feelings that she put into it.  That made the story so much better.
Now the ending of the book?  Completely caught me off guard!!  All I have to say is that my crush on Jason from the first book has completely grown because even now I just want to keep him for myself!
Overall, I completely enjoyed this book and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series to come out!
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GQZDJME/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GQZDJME&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20     https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-homefortheholidays-1334855-149.html?referrer=52378e08e5757     http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/home-for-the-holidays-lori-toland/1029372632?ean=2940148980483&itm=1&usri=lori+toland
 

 
Click HERE to read my review of The Replacement Guitarist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment