17 December 2013

Quintessentially Q Tour Stop!


“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… fucked up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs make a right."

Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do.

He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18398089-quintessentially-q
 

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! I love love love this book! After falling in love with Q in the first book, I was so worried about our love affair going into the second in the series. No worries though, he is still one of my favorite book boyfriends ever. 
"Only when she came into my life did I start to live, intoxicated by her taste, screams, and joy"
".....nothing outward had changed, but Tess wreaked havoc on my soul" 
So while Q may be dark and brooding, he also has a sweet side and Tess certainly is the woman to bring it out. 
This book has a ton more action than the first book and I loved every second of it. Every time I thought I couldn't be more shocked or horrified by the events taking place, something else happened that made my jaw drop. This story is about finding and keeping love, what lengths you will go to to save the one you love, and what you will give up to make them whole again. I cringed in horror, cried in sadness, cried in happiness, screamed in frustration. This book brought about so many emotions in me. I wish I had a reading buddy on this one and recommend you get one before you start. While this is a dark romance, the book ends with a happy ever after which I wasn't sure was going to happen. I am so happy it did. 
During this book we also learn more about Frederick who is Q's second in command, and possibly his only friend. I hope Pepper Winters will consider either doing a short story from his POV or perhaps just a chapter in another book. 
"Now, if you'll exxcuse me. I have a wife who loves me, and I really need to go and tell her how much I care" 
Anyhow, the dual POV's in this story are amazing. I loved learning how each of them felt at certain points in this roller coaster ride. To say this book was a total mind f*ck would be stating it lightly. 
There are a couple of sentences at the beginning of each chapter that are beautiful and I really enjoyed reading. Wellllll at the end, there is an author note that they were parts of poems written by Ker Dukey who wrote one poem for Q and one poem for Tess. They are in full at the end of the book! They are beautiful and literally gave me the chills they fit them so fully. And guess what else was said at the end of the book? There will be a book 3! Yes, you heard it right. I cannot wait. No worries however. This book does not end on a cliffhanger. 
I am seriously jealous of everyone who gets to read this book for the first time. There is so much more I want to say and scream about however I am determined to keep this absolutely spoiler-free so that you can enjoy it fully your first time. I just have a few warnings/hints for you though! 
1. Make sure you have uninterrupted amounts of time to read when you sit down with this one because you will NOT want to put it down. 
2. Get a reading buddy-This book will mess with your mind and you will want someone to talk about it with. 
3. This is a dark, dark book and not for the light-hearted. If you have qualms with BDSM, kidnapping, rape, and torture, this book is not for you. 
4. Read Tears of Tess first. 
5. GO BUY THIS BOOK!
6 Wow, Amazing, Heart Slamming, Neck Whiplash Bats
 

Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex… her books have sex.


She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends.

Her debut book Tears of Tess will be followed with Quintessentially Q. You didn’t think Q could stop so soon, did you? Her other two titles, Last Shadow and Broken Chance will be coming soon. 
 Website || Twitter || Facebook 

0 comments:

Post a Comment