16 December 2013

Scent of a Wolf, By Draven St. James

**This book contains Male Male Relations**
Jace Shaw is one of the few survivors of a rare wolf pack. He spends his days on the run and his nights in another world with a man he’s only ever dreamed about. To sleep is to feel his dream man’s hands on his body and hear wicked whispered words. But when the sun rises reality crashes in. The evil that destroyed his birth pack hunts his kind down in search of a way to control their power. To take the light.

Merek Wahya is an alpha dealing with the issues of being newly appointed, but those all falls away when he closes his eyes at night. A man with moonlit hair and mercury eyes crawls into bed with him. When he wakes it’s to a painful arousal no one can satisfy. He soon learns their nocturnal meetings were foreplay for a passionate face-to-face encounter.

When Merek’s wolf catches Jace’s scent he knows he’s found his mate The joy of this discovery is shadowed by the trouble that follows Jace. His mate is embroiled in a battle between two ancient packs. A war Merek must now fight and if he fails he could lose his mate forever.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18665089-scent-of-a-wolf?ac=1



This book is one that has really really made me a happy reader!! It combines two of my favorite genres, Paranormal and Male/Male.  When I see a book like this, I jump at the chance to read them because I just love the stories so much.  I was so excited about this book that I was actually afraid that I was going to be let down by the end of it.  But I am very happy to say that I wasn’t let down at all.
I haven’t actually read a lot of books by this author in the past, but I am completely satisfied on the balance between all of the elements in the book was done.  There wasn’t too much of any one thing; drama, suspense, romance or smut.  I felt like it was done in excellent balance throughout the whole story.
I couldn’t imagine what it would be like having dreams about the person I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with.  It would be a tease to be so close, yet so far away from them.  Well, if you couldn’t tell that is what Merek and Jace have to deal with every night.
The backstory of Jace’s family was just amazing!  I couldn’t believe how much detail the author had went into, yet at the same time it didn’t feel like we were overcome with information.  I think that the author did a very good job describing the characters, even the secondary characters, to a point where you were drawn further into the story than you already are.
My only real complaint about this book?  Is waiting for the next one to come out so that we can find out what will happen with Jacob!
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GMW1HL6/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GMW1HL6&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20      https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-scentofawolf-1344497-340.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment