18 December 2013

What's Left of Me Tour Stop!!


Life works in mysterious ways.

Four years ago I became known as the girl with cancer.

I refuse to cry.

And I refuse to give in.

A relationship with a man is the last thing I’m looking for right now, but one night with Parker changes everything. He is persistent, and he knows what he wants. Me.

He doesn’t treat me like I’m fragile.

But he doesn’t know, and I’m not ready to tell him.

What if it changes everything?

Tragedy found me when I was seventeen.

Love found me when I was twenty-one.

My name is Aundrea McCall, and this is my journey.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18480026-what-s-left-of-me
I guess when you’re reading a book about a cancer survivor you should expect for it to be heavy, and a bit soul crushing.  This definitely was.  Emotional, peeps…emotional.  But totally worth it.
Aundrea is a cancer survivor, but her entire life has pretty much revolved around her illness and recovery over the last few years. The hardest part for her has been how people identify her as the “cancer girl”.  Throwing caution to the wind and in a new city for a fresh start, Aundrea goes out with some friends and meets Parker. The chemistry between them is off the charts and they end up going home together where she has her first one night stand.  Sneaking out the next morning, she thinks she will never see him again.  Guess what?  She does.  But she promptly lets him know that it can’t go anywhere.  He doesn’t agree.  She’s hiding behind a wig still and is so afraid to move forward, but she finds in Parker –through his insistence-- a new zest for life, and he gives her something to live for.  He doesn’t seem to see the cancer first, and together they begin to piece Aundrea back together.
First, besides being an emotional read, this is just a beautifully written book.  Plot-wise, there aren’t all that many surprises, it basically goes exactly where you think it will, but it’s told with a special touch that impressed me for a debut novel.
Aundrea is a character you can’t help but get behind.  You want to her live her life and let go of something that has taken over her life for so many years.  She’s sweet and has an innocence about her that is endearing.  And Parker is basically a perfect man.  He sees beyond what everyone else does, even Aundrea, and helps her to live again.  Parker lets Aundrea take things at her own pace, but is quietly pushy.  He’s just a great guy, and is totally on my BBF list.  Perfect!
The epilogue of this book may go down in book history as being one of the most emotional epilogues in the history of epilogues.  I was going to give this book 4 solid stars until the epilogue, but the epilogue bumped it up to 4.5.  This is just a well-written, sweet, funny, and emotionally intense story.  I really enjoyed it.
 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H9VA030/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00H9VA030&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20     http://bit.ly/JcM2X6     http://bit.ly/18XUAgS     http://bit.ly/19FDgYv
 
  

I am the mother of two little boys, married to the love of my life, and living in one of the smallest towns in Minnesota. When I’m not chasing or cleaning up after my boys (yes, all three), I can be found writing or snuggled up with my kindle, a glass of wine, and spending time with my fictional friends and family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment