20 January 2014

Best Served Cold By Tawdra Kandle

Sometimes revenge is the only choice

Julia worked for weeks planning the perfect surprise birthday party for her boyfriend, Liam, but that night, she was the one who got the biggest shock. He broke up with her in front of all their friends, humiliating her in the process.

Clearly revenge was in order.

The plan is simple. Make him jealous, win him back, and then crush his heart. Fair is fair. However, there is one little hiccup, and he has curly brown hair and dimples.

Jesse is everything she wants. With him, she could almost forget her bruised heart. Almost. Julia has one choice: let Liam walk away after everything he did, or lose a chance at love in pursuit of payback.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18756639-best-served-cold?ac=1

Okay so I saw the title, cover, and synopsis for the book and was so excited about it. I mean right in the synopsis it tells us that Julia plans a surprise party for Liam only for them to break up with a bit of a shocker thrown in there. So, with the title being what it is I expected something HUGE to happen. Like Julia was going to really show Liam what it was like. I came away feeling very underwhelmed about the "revenge" theme. The saving grace in this book was all the other characters. I absolutely loved her roommate, Ava, who was so grounded and loyal to her, Giff who was Liam's best friend but remained a friend to Julia after the break and of course, and Jesse, Julia's boss's son who comes to live with them.
This was just a fun, light read for me and went by very quickly. There was nothing deep or soul changing about it. We are not going to learn any important lessons as the title would lead us to believe. I guess we all need reads like this, but I prefer something more. I did learn about rummy gummy bears though and plan on trying to make them very soon. I will try to get Crystal to post a picture of them when I do. I will also make sure I don't write any reviews that night as I am not sure they would be coherent. I did like Tawdra's writing style and will definitely read more of her work in the future. I will not however continue reading this series. It just wasn't for me personally. Perhaps if I had saved it for a nice beach read, I would have enjoyed it more. So in summary, if you are looking for a lighthearted HEA, that is a quick fun read, then this book is for you.
 



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GG0OZ9A/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GG0OZ9A&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/best-served-cold-tawdra-kandle/1117327457?ean=2940148926733&itm=1&usri=best+served+cold

0 comments:

Post a Comment