26 January 2014

Fences & Freedom by Bailey Bradford

Ramsey Carmichael has never cared about anyone or anything except writing the next story, until one innocent man turns his life around.

Barney Rader can’t shake the label he’s always carried—that of the town’s poor kid. It’s been him and his mom ever since his dad died years ago. He’s struggling to make a living and bring home enough money to keep him and his mom going. After months of trying, Barney gets hired at the Mossy Glenn Ranch, and the first thing he learns is that he wants Ramsey Carmichael. Bad.

Ramsey Carmichael has fucked more men than he can remember, and Barney is one tempting piece of ass. But while Barney might be naive, he isn’t stupid. Before Ramsey knows what hits him, he’s tangled up with Barney—and re-examining his life. Ramsey doesn’t like what he discovers, but turning his life around is a lot easier said than done.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18798824-fences-and-freedom?ac=1


When I started this book, right off the bat I couldn’t stand Ramsey.  In the other books in the series, I didn’t really like him that much either, but once he started expressing his interest in Barney, that’s when he really started to bug me!  Barney is too sweet and innocent; he doesn’t need anyone like Ramsey!
My only real complaint about the book would be how oblivious Barney was when it came to what was going on around him.  It felt like at times the author was trying to make him appear not smart, but then at other times he seemed like a genius. 
As I went further along in the story, Ramsey did end up making me like him a little bit.  Not a whole lot, just a little bit.  I still don’t think that he deserves Barney, but that’s not my choice.  I did like how the author did include a little bit about Ramsey’s past.  I think by doing that, it was able to give me an understanding as to why he is the way he is. 
Barney’s character was just really sweet.  There was just something about him that made me like him so much and I really liked that factor.  It was really easy to connect with him, and one reason I think that is is because of how much he appreciates the little things.  It was great to read a story about someone who cares more about helping someone expecting nothing in return. 
I did enjoy the book overall, it’s not my favorite out of this series, but I would still recommend it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJVFQZC/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00HJVFQZC&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20          https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-fencesandfreedom-1385695-145.html?referrer=52378e08e5757 
 
Click HERE to read Crystal Marie's review of 
Chaps & Hope!
Click HERE to read Crystal Marie's review of 
Ropes & Dreams!
Click HERE to read Crystal Marie's review of
Saddles & Memories! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment