10 January 2014

Unforgiving Plains, By Christine Steendam

Rayna Fields is a successful realtor in Calgary, but when she receives a visit from a lawyer, her whole life is turned upside down.

She hasn’t seen or heard from her father in twenty years. Not since her mother packed her and their belongings in a truck and drove off Fieldstone Ranch. Now, she has to make her way to Foremost, Alberta, the “wild west” of Canada and deal with the dilapidated ranch that was left to her by her estranged father.

Struggling with her feelings towards her father who has passed on, a ranch in financial distress, and other problems that crop up along the way, Rayna turns to the one person willing to help; Vince, the hired hand. But will his past destroy everything she’s worked towards? And will she be able to forgive, and find beauty in Alberta’s wild plains?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18680723-unforgiving-plains?ac=1



Right off the bat, I do have to say that this book is not what I was expecting it to be.  AT ALL.
If you like cowboy books, you will enjoy this one!  Personally I don’t like cowboy books that much but I was still able to get into this one.
It was really easy to like Vince’s character; he seemed like the normal cowboy who was just looking for a home.  Rayna’s character I also really enjoyed.  I think the author did a really great job at describing what she was going through with everything happening.   I do think that at times Rayna didn’t really act her age that well, but I do let that slide because she had just lost her father.  I’m sure that has a role to play in her actions. 
My only complaint about the book would be how predictable it was.  But even with that, I did still think it was a really well written story.  There was enough drama and suspense that will keep you going and turning the pages because you want to find out what happens.
I was also left with questions, like why Rayna’s father had left her the ranch and what exactly did happen between her parents.  I wish there would have been some answers about that. 
Despite my complaint and my questions, I do still think that this was a really well written book and I can’t wait to read more from the author in the future!
I would say that if you are looking for a sweet romance about cowboys, you should check this one out!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G4CX726/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00G4CX726&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/369976   http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/unforgiving-plains-christine-steendam/1117229438?ean=2940148378778&itm=1&usri=unforgiving+plains   https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-unforgivingplains-1326289-154.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment