07 February 2014

Captain by J.J. Scotts

 Braden Mikelson is one step away from getting benched. Even though he started on the basketball team with high hopes, his recent performance may put his position at risk. But focusing during the game is hard when he can’t get the team captain out of his mind.

Team captain, Connor Matthews, is the golden child of the entire school. Top grades, girls swooning at every glance, and the athletic skills to boot. What people don’t know is that Connor has a secret deep in the closet.

One day, at the end of practice when Braden and Connor are alone, Braden’s lustful thoughts become difficult to conceal. Will Connor see through Braden’s desires or can Braden keep up his charade?

Mature content: Readers ages 18+
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20642057-captain

Well this book is by far one of those books to read when you’re in a certain “mood” *wink wink*.  Having not read anything by this author before, I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this book!  (And not just for the *wink wink*.)
One difficulty with shorter stories for me is when I can’t connect with the characters.  In this book though, the characters were extremely likeable and I completely enjoyed the story as I went further into it.  I can say with complete honesty, I really wish that the story would have been a lot longer.  There was plenty more that could have been added to the ending that would have been able to allow us more time to spend with the main characters.
Now, despite the fact that I did love the story, I am rating it 4 stars because there was no backstory to the characters and I was left wondering a lot about them.  Also, the smutty scenes did sort of take over the book completely.  But besides that, I can say honestly that I will look into more from this author in the future.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2C7NVW/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00I2C7NVW&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20     https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-captain-1405484-340.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment