10 February 2014

I Choose You by S. Ann Cole

Trevillo Nelson is a different kind of billionaire. He wears that sharp business suit, but it sure as hell doesn’t fit.
He does things on his own terms and lives by his own rules.
A man of singular tastes, this thirty-two year old, oversexed demon doesn’t do young chicks.
Are you single, free and disengaged?
Sorry, he’s not into you.
Are you off the market?
Well, he’s most certainly attracted. And best believe he’ll seduce your underwear right down to your ankles, leaving you no choice but to give in.
That’s how the real estate mogul has always lived his life—backwards.
But everything takes a drastic turn, both for better and for worse, when twenty-five year old interior designer, Krissan Kingston, walks into his office…
Precious savior, it’s Angel versus Demon.
Krissan Kingston is carefree, selfish, and unconcerned with the complexities of life. She lives each day as it is given, uses men for her own sexual pleaures, and then discards them without a second thought. She believes life and people are overrated, so she strides through life with a shrug and a “whatever”.
Right out of the blue on a normal workday, Krissan Kingston gets summoned to her elusive boss’s office.
She enters…
…takes one look at the intimidating man with searing, azure-blue eyes and sees only one thing:
Danger.
But instead of running in the opposite direction, she runs straight to him, crashing, colliding, exploding, not knowing who’s more hazardous to whom:
Him to her, or her to him?
When temptations arise and they are both tested, they both fail. And before they can even begin to forgive each other, to work it out, those mistakes erupt in their faces, throwing both their lives to the threat of death.
Will either of them be able to crawl out of their tumultuous relationship unscathed? Alive, even? Will they be able to look past all their ugliness and make it work somehow?
This is Trevillo and Krissan’s story, the third and final book of the Billionaire Brothers series.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18379475-i-choose-you?ac=1
I have never read anything by this author before, but I think now that I’ve read this, I’m going to have to read all I can.  It was not a classic romantic read.  The characters, I thought, were original.  Not to mention, it has a kick-ass heroine that does not take anybody’s crap. 
Trevillo Nelson is a player.  A self-made billionaire, he’s not interested in relationships.  Well, not relationships with available women, anyway.  He doesn’t date women his own age either.  He mostly has a taste for the older married woman. This all changes the day he meets 25 year old Krissan Kingston.  She’s smart, sexy and carefree, and she uses men like disposable and replaceable acquisitions. And she works for Trivillo’s company. One day, she’s summoned to the boss’ office for a special project, setting up their meeting for the first time. She can sense that Trivollo is dangerous, but she can’t seem to make herself turn away from him.  The both jump into a sexy but toxic and turbulent relationship with each other.  Can they both make it out of the relationship unscathed?
This is the 3rd book in a series about brothers, but I had not read the first two.  I will definitely go back and do that now, but I don’t think it impacted my enjoyment or understanding of the events in this book at all.  I simply could not put this book down.  Both of these characters are just despicable people, and not people that I would particularly want to know in real life, but I found myself rooting for them to make it work and knock some sense into one another. I’m not sure that even in the end I really liked them all that much, but did find myself invested in their story, which honestly impressed me!  Good writing was responsible for that!
I don’t that this had a particularly original plot, but I think the seamless way it is written helps to make up for that.  It seemed a bit predictable, but it was an entertaining predictability. Overall, I give this book 4 stars and I’m going to be sure to check out the other books in this series for sure!


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GQJ2HFA/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GQJ2HFA&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20     http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/i-choose-you-s-ann-cole/1117474612?ean=2940045437271&itm=1&usri=i+choose+you+s.+ann+cole+

0 comments:

Post a Comment