05 February 2014

Joseph Fallen by M.S. Willis

There is a fine line between genius and madness…
Between love and hate,
Between right and wrong.

Joseph had created The Estate for her…
His wife,
The woman he chose to bear his child.
She was beauty unsurpassed;
And her song was unlike anything he’d ever known.

However, their love was a story that would not find a happy ending.

In this prequel novella to the Estate series, follow Joseph Carmichael as he creates a world unlike any other. Because, in order to comprehend The Estate, you must understand Joseph; but, in order to understand Joseph, you must discover how a man falls from light into the pitch black depths of ultimate darkness.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18694148-joseph-fallen?ac=1
 

I finished Joseph Fallen by M.S. Willis last night.  I knew there would be no way for me to write a review right away, I needed to recover from this ride.  I still don’t know if I can do this without breaking down again.  This is what I expect now when I read one of her books.  It will suck me in, tear me apart, roll me in the dirt of emotions, tie me up in knots and then send me on my way, but I love every minute of it.  When an author can give me a book that brings me to my knees, I know it is a BRILLIANT book.  Yes I even had my own daughter laughing at me last night as I was sobbing on the sofa, but that is ok.  Someone needed to care about Connor.

I really urge you to read Madeleine Abducted first.  This is a series about The Estates and you need to see the present day conditions to fully grasp Joseph’s story.  Now I know there are a few women who have claimed Joseph as theirs, that is fine with me, I think he is evil.   He is Satan walking on this Earth, so they can keep him.  This book is about the life Joseph and his wife Arianna created.  When they fell in love, got married and he wanted to give her the world so he bought this mansion for her.  She just wanted to be loved; she didn’t need the glamour and big parties.  Joseph didn’t take well to that, nor did he know how to handle the power that came with being the head of the Estates. 

Drugs, women, abuse, power, murder, did I mention abuse………….let’s not forget that so if you are not able to read this stuff you might want to prepare yourself.  I can’t stay not to read it because the plot is just to dang addictive.  I admit I went through ice cream, brownies and still had to get up and walk around outside in the freezing temps just to get my head back together it was that intense.  No one took from Joseph, no one brought shame on him without a price.  He wanted a son, he was going to have a son one way or the other. 
Connor, OMG Connor, he is a beautiful man.  I am sure I have said this but I LOVE CONNOR.  He was her body guard and although he saw what Joseph was doing to her he couldn’t stop it.  He found the one thing that could bring peace to her life daily, even if it was just for a few hours.  Knowing that once she got pregnant he needed to save her, he started coming up with a plan.  Clearly this plan wasn’t going to work because NO ONE in the Estates went unsupervised.  I will leave you with this line of the story to read for yourself.  Just make sure you are in a good place because it will destroy you. 
The ending,  M.S. Willis never  leaves us with a simple ending.  Oh no, this was probably the most intense ending she has written so far, but it was so justified.  I was fighting through the tears celebrating at how this all played out.  His own hatred and anger came back and hurt him.  I now know why I loved Aaron so much from the first book.  I always knew he was a good man, now I know why.  I can’t even put into words how much I love this series, even though it destroys me.  It is a good kind of pain though.  M.S. Willis brings us characters that are so developed that they jump off the pages at you and never leave your heart.  She has a talent of provoking a whole range of emotions to the extent you become physically affected by them.  The plots are so twisted and dark and detailed, you can feel your heart racing because it is like you are there.  In one scene Connor told Arianna to close her eyes……….I CLOSED MY EYES……..then realized I wasn’t going to finish the book this way but that is how drawn in to this scene I was.  I could tell you more about the book but I don’t want to risk spoiling it for you……you have to read this to believe it.  Now I try to regroup, recover and heal before the next one comes out because there is no way I am missing the rest of this ride.  
As usual, MS Willis didn't let me down... In fact, this just might have to be one of my favorite books of hers so far. I will say the first part almost made me put it down. It was so over the top lovey dovey and I wanted to puke ( I can't stand that crap LOL) but a friend who had read the book already told me that I had to keep going... So I did. BOY am I glad I did!!!! 

I'm trying to write this without any spoilers... and for once, I'm having a super hard time. Because lets just say I fell in love and then I bawled. And not just the swipe away a tear type cry, but literally the only book I've EVER had to put down because I was crying so hard. 

It's not happy. It's not beautiful but it's a dark story that tore my heart out and stomped all over it unlike any other I've read (and that's saying a lot since I love my dark stories). 

5 HUGE FREAKING STARS
"http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GPT05MS/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GPT05MS&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/joseph-fallen-ms-willis/1117441341?ean=2940148749325&itm=1&usri=joseph+fallen


M.S. Willis is a romance novelist whose debut novel, Control, was released in 2013.  Although currently writing in the romance genre, Willis has plans to expand her literary pursuits into multiple genres and has no fear conquering difficult subject matters in her writing.  Willis is a native Floridian who is also a photographer and musician.  When not absorbing herself in written, visual or musical expression, Willis is an adrenaline junkie, a ‘closet’ video game enthusiast, and an avid outdoors person and nature lover.
 Facebook || Twitter || Mailing List

0 comments:

Post a Comment